Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Smurf

Is This...

tench0771

Haha what a dodgey geezer he was. Looks like he needs to loose a few of them tyres round his waste before hanging off a ladder lmao, atleast it cushioned his fall...

lmfao :Image3:

Andykarlaxxx

Absolutely not, even with all that flubba. He would be omelette.

tench0771

Now do you think that numpty would have still been ok falling from guttering height like that?

very badly hurt i think cos he would of hit the flore then ladder on top of him :Image4:

tench0771

Absolutely not, even with all that flubba. He would be omelette.

lol :Image13:

Smurf

Should you wish to see the original footage which includes workmates voices here is the link

Cracks me up every time I listen to them…What a sick puppy I am :Image13:

Andykarlaxxx

He didnt have any sort of stabilizer in place, plus hanging on the side of the ladder is a bit stupid

Smurf

Seriously folks gutter clearing is dangerous work so if you’re going to do upto 2 storey gutter clearing jobs from ladders then I can't recommend strongly enough that you fit an ankalad to your gutter clearing ladder & use a microlite standoff. Works well for me....

Keep safe chaps :Image9:

vinny8467

Smurf

Why isn't the gutter vac suitable for all clearing jobs then?

Ady

vinny8467

Smurf

What is that on the foot of your ladder?

Ady

Smurf

You really need to use one to find out.

Here are the main 3 issues I've found using a guttervac on some jobs.

1. Over hanging tiles

Gap can be very narrow between the tiles & guttering on some jobs so can make it very difficult to clear guttering properly using a guttervac.

2. Sods/weeds & trees

Trying to remove matted weeds/sods and small saplings from guttering you have to try breaking it up first with a hook type tool then mess about trying to get it out using suction or try hooking it out instead. Corners are even more difficult to clear properly as the matted sods can grow under and above the flashing. You may be able to get the bulk out but the guttering which runs under the flashing may still be block that no gutter vac head with remove.

3. Downspouts

Blocked downspouts are a pet hate with me as most jobs I do involves unblocking bends (swan necks). Most will try first to suck the blockage out but I've found it doesn't work very well so have to unblock them by hand by taking the joints apart.

Now you can see why I use that gutter clearing ladder system of mine and progutter tools etc as most of the time is quicker and less hassle than using a guttervac.

Smurf

Why isn't the gutter vac suitable for all clearing jobs then?

Ady

Smurf

If you mean the silver bar with red feet at the foot of the ladder it's a stabiliser bar that came as standard with the ladder

Smurf

What is that on the foot of your ladder?

Ady

tench0771

sounds like gutter vac is more halsel than its wrth m8 ill stick to ladders i think an trad pole with hook to clear them :Image3:

Smurf

Yes using a guttervac can be hassle but I still find having the option to be able to use one on jobs comes in very handy indeed. For instance where you can't use a ladder safely, access issues, sucking up wet sludge from guttering etc.

Examples

This one was part cleared by hand including unblocking downspout. Due to access issues the rest of the gutter run was gutter vacuumed instead..

[ATTACH]3562.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3561.IPB[/ATTACH]

sounds like gutter vac is more halsel than its wrth m8 ill stick to ladders i think an trad pole with hook to clear them :Image3:

Smurf

On this one the best option was to use a guttervac

[ATTACH]3563.IPB[/ATTACH]

If I did not have use of a guttervac as well I would of had no option but to turn those sorts of job down. Simples

I'm a gutter clearing pro you know :Image13:

Hope this helps?

tench0771

On this one the best option was to use a guttervac

attachicon.gifIMG_4202.JPG

If I did not have use of a guttervac as well I would of had no option but to turn those sorts of job down. Simples

I'm a gutter clearing pro you know :Image13:

Hope this helps?

lol. good point smurf they defo come in handy 4 them jobs

Smurf

Picked this one up today. Not just gutter clearing but like thoses other 2 examples full exterior deep cleans

[ATTACH]3568.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3569.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3570.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3571.IPB[/ATTACH]

How much would you charge for this one then?

tench0771

i would charge £100 maby £90 at a push i would want a few cups of t tho lol thats not a deep clean just a reg clean gutters windows an conny roof probly take me 4 hours tops maby 3 hours if i went quick :Image16:

scrim it

What is your difference between a deep clean and a regular clean Smurf

tench0771

lol. scrole bk an ive put wat i charge m8 come on spill the beans smurf :Image14: