Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

vinny8467

Hot Water Heater Lpg

vinny8467

Hi

Does anybody know where i can purchase an LPG Hot water heater to add to my WFP system for a sensible price please?

Regards

Ady

Bingo

ebay for cheap ones,

I got an eccotemp L5 in my van,

That's what I'm about to buy.....an Ecotemp L5, about the best out there....after reading various revues.

vinny8467

How easy are they to install? Is it a DIY job?

Does the 17 minute cut off cause any problems?

HotWash Window Cleaners

Check insurance company first, might cost you more premium being gas installation, you have to have a vent put in your van to comply with the law as well. It's a pain the gas system, that's why we have the diesel heater.

Many will say it doesn't cost any more on insurance, you must tell them, including public liability insurance company and its worth speaking to someone in the insurance company that has been there a while.

For an example, British gas car on the phone said the insurance homecare400 includes saniflo toilets. You sign up to it get paperwork through and find its not covered in the small print.

It's the same with the cheap gas heaters. There is a reason why the diesel heaters are more costly and it's to do with insurance.

I have spoken to insurance company who have said it's fine it's okay. Speak to there manager it's a different story.

I wonder how many people have been mis sold there insurance.

vinny8467

Where is the best place to go for diesel heaters Hotwash??

HotWash Window Cleaners

I got a brand new one off eBay for £1000. I saw one on there in Yeovil going for £800 the other day.

A diy one would be easy to achieve for the practically minded. It's basically a webasto heater with a heat exchanger.

If you want a new one your looking at 2k..varitech systems fitted mine along with the rest of my system and they did the linex too.http://www.line-x.co.uk

When we started with the hotwash we were the only hot system, 1 year on we have 4 competitors now using hot water systems. It won't be long and it will be the norm for window cleaners. Personally I would start with a hot water system and you will pick up more customers than with offering the same service as the old cleaners.

vinny8467

I don't suppose you saved the one for sale in Yeovil in your watched items did you Hotwash?

I can't find any for sale on EBay at all but sometimes searching EBay on my phone doesn't return a full search!!

rcproperty

How easy are they to install? Is it a DIY job?

Does the 17 minute cut off cause any problems?

very easy when you know what you are doing, you do need to upgrade pipe work from heater to hose reel.

my insurance didn't go up at all when telling them when I fitted this. plus vent is no problem as you work with the doors open and that's fine .

vents are only law when used in a sealed unit, so if your doors and windows are shut then you will need a vent.

Donny

I use the Cointra lpg heater , made in Spain and is a much higher quality than the cheap Chinese ones and the L5 Ecotemp, its on ebay at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cointra-Optima-COB-5b-Propane-Tankless-Waterheater-Camping-Boat-etc-/330879802368?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item4d09f91c00

I have a flue going through my roof, the first one I had is 3 years old and after a wee service is now in perfect working order

[ATTACH]3544.IPB[/ATTACH]

5915c9f3d0c7c_boiler010(Copy).JPG.2a72a181dd6627a50419d524c34084f6.JPG

vinny8467

Donny

Thanks for the info. Do they supply the flue also? How easy is it to plumb in?

Ady

vinny8467

Hi Donny

I assume that the water heater is connected after the pump and only kicks in when there is water flow?

Would this handle a 2 man system or would each pump / outlet require it's own heater?

Is it simply wired directly to your leisure battery?

Have you got a picture of the flue from the outside of your van and what van is it fitted in?

Ady

vinny8467

Oh, and does the heater come with the LPG gas regulator?

vinny8467

Sorry, ignore the comment about "wiring to the leisure battery", I just remembered it does not require a power source other than batteries!

tench0771

the reach to clean flaming hot heater looks good its lpg one, comes with or with out flu there r probly cheeper one out there tho

Donny

Its in my 2007 lwb Nissan primastar, its plumbed in after the pump and does start up when water starts flowing, I have a splitter after the pump going too 2 reels and has no issues feeding them both, I only use 1 pump ( shuriflo 100psi ) usually only use 1 reel though, very occasionally we are out together and use the 2 reels.it did not come with a regulator , no issue as I already had one fitted, any good plumbers merchants will have one though :~)

Smurf

Looks a lot better than that L5 Donny. How does it work on low flow rate and does it have a stupid 20 min cut out?

Donny

It works fine at low flow rate Smurf, I aint ever noticed it cutting out after 20 minutes, I usually shut the flow off long beforethat anyway, say moving from front too back etc using my flow valves.

rcproperty

Looks a lot better than that L5 Donny. How does it work on low flow rate and does it have a stupid 20 min cut out?

that's got to be one of the funniest things you have said!!!!

that 20minute cut out is the safety device to stop it over heating etc!!

a man calling it stupid that has how many safety devices attached to a ladder at one time! lol :Image9:

into safety with ladders, but hates safety equipment on gas boilers! lol :Image13:

Andykarlaxxx

Im not going to bother with the hot water at the moment. Cant afford

Smurf

I would be more concerned using a non vented lpg gas water heater in a van and carbon monoxide poisoning to be honest.

So for van insurance purposes and good old H&S would your L5 setup comply fully with gas regs on using a none vented lpg water heater fitted in a van irrespective if you leave the doors open or not?

rcproperty

I would be more concerned using a non vented lpg gas water heater in a van and carbon monoxide poisoning to be honest.

So for van insurance purposes and good old H&S would your L5 setup comply fully with gas regs on using a none vented lpg water heater fitted in a van irrespective if you leave the doors open or not?

like all gas appliances all they require is a certain amount of air circulation. like the people that use gas hobs in houses, lots of houses just have extractors that are not vented out to the outside, but yet they are still safe to use.

portable gas heaters that people have in there houses too!

leaving the doors open a little that's enough to deal with the fumes.

and yes my gas heater is compliant with H&S there is a flue on it, it gets vented to outside.

plus the eccotemp L5's are classed at portable gas heaters so don't hold the same reg's unlike the one Donny uses because that is classed as a fixed one!

rcproperty

Fumes? No thanks

its nothing to worry about as long as there is ventilation

Andykarlaxxx

its nothing to worry about as long as there is ventilation

Yea i understnd wht ur saying bud, your not going to blow your van up, but your still going to be inhaling the stuff.