Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic Ladders

Riles3

Anyone using these telescopic ladders? Thinking about getting some saves time getting them off my van roof

personally I would stay clear of them, they aren't really up for the job to be used all day everyday, joints can fail and last thing you want is to be up the ladder when one does.

I have one which I use occasionally to get over walls and to sometimes trad clean.

The one I use gets used 5 to 6 times a month. I am around 15 stone and it has been going strong for a year now. I am thinking of getting a little giant ladder, the black pro one.

RC would you use them for access to jump over gates and roofs?
guess you could do, but I wouldn't use them. they got to much flex in them and bounce when climbing. they are a great idea, but not practical I don't think.

not really looked into them to see what class rating they are, if they are not trade rated then if you fall off them then you wouldn't be covered with any insurance

Iv used one in the past when working for a guy doing windows. They bounce loads when on full extention and are fairly heavy for what they are.

The one thing I will say is mind your fingers when your closing them as here like a guillotine. I will be using some once iv ordered them that is

in all the time I used one it never came down on its own the clips that let it collapse can get really stiff over time and you need both thumbs to slide the clips out then gravity pulls the ladder down sharpish. Just watch your little pinkies

Back