Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory Roof And Guttering - - Ubik Or Ecover & What Brushes?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vinny8467

Hi Guys

Which product is the best / most effective for cleaning conservatory roofs and guttering, Ubik 2000 or Ecover?

Also, what are the best brushes to use for these tasks with a Gardiner SLX pole?

Vinny

Most conservatory manufactures/installers would say just to clean them down regularly with warm soapy water. Is a pity that the ones I do are hardly ever maintained so get into a filthy state.

I generally would use an old gardiner brush or one of my old vikan brushes plus other products/methods too

I tend to find easier/quicker to work from the ground using a wfp when can do so depending on design and access. But on really filthy frames & panels I find up close and personal either by hand or wfp is best so to give the frames and panels a really good deep clean. This can be done using a conservatory ladder or my gutter clearing ladder set up (ankalad fitted) used as a free standing ladder. If you don't have either best use a ladder with a stand-off but will need plenty of height to be able to see what you are doing. On paths down the sides were it is difficult to set a ladder properly I use my 12 rung combi triple set of ladders I use for gutter clearing as a large set of steps. Conservatories built next to a ground floor flat roof as long as the flat roof is safe enough to walk on I would work from that too. Conservatories built right up close to next door fence I find it best to arrange access with next door as makes it much easier to clean if access is not an issue. Conservatories built next to each other the only way is to do the roof from the front which is a rear pane in **** to do.

Each job you come across will be different so have a good think how you would go about cleaning it bearing in mind your own safety too.

Hope this help?

Yep as my 12 rung triple happens to be a combi ladder

Can be set up like so if you want to use it as step ladder with the ankalad deployed :Image9:

View attachment 3721

Simply fit the ankalad to the bottom section as you would normally do then when wanting to use the combi ladder as a step ladder the ankalad can be swivelled around as in pic. Meaning you don't need to take it off to make it work that way around.

Hope this helps?

Thanks Smurf, i thought it would work that way around also but just wanted to make sure.

Just need to find one now for as cheap as poss ....

Hi Guys
Which product is the best / most effective for cleaning conservatory roofs and guttering, Ubik 2000 or Ecover?

Also, what are the best brushes to use for these tasks with a Gardiner SLX pole?

Vinny

I spray Ubik 2000 with my sprayer all over the conservatory and in the mean time I wash windows then I come back andfinish the clean of conservatory with wfs .If the dirt is stubborn I spray first leave chemical work for 10 minutes and I use car wash sponge to pre-clean prior to wf clean it works well

Latest Posts

Back