Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Gutter Cleaning Campain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob

Ive recently been pushing my gutter cleaning alot more now both my kids are at school full time i was going to get some more windows but decided to keep them at 2-3 days a week for a couple of reasons 1. I earn more doing gutters, 2. I f i have to many windows to do i will struggle threw the school holidays to get them all done.

anyway ive designed a simple leaflet i decided on something fairly basic after a recent topic about looking too professional giving the impression that im expensive so hopefully going with a basic leaflet will get me more phone calls and once im at the customers house it should be easier to sell myself and my services alot easier than over the phone ( well thats the theory.) Ive got a family member to put a 1000 a week out for me at the cost of £25 per 1000 im going to be doing this for 5 weeks at first to see how it goes im hoping to get a 1-2% response rate or around 10- 12 a week im going to be starting this towards the end of next week once ive finalized my flyer design and got them printed.

my flyer design (minus my real tel number)

View attachment 3887

View attachment 2222

i know the txt has gone out of alignment it did this when i converted the file to a jpeg but apart from that any feed back would be much apreciated

i find that flyer a bit confusing as you ask have you had your gutters cleaned and then below in the box you offer facia and soffit cleaning , maybe you should be asking if they had their gutters emptied or cleared

I think it looks good and sounds very cheap this time of year hopefully you will get a good response

i can see what you mean but i wouldnt say it was confusing it could be put better i suppose.

Thats the idea i was after mark when people first look at it they think wow thats cheap il give them a call, to get your gutters cleaned for £25 it would be a new build terrace the ones that have 6m on the front and 6m of guttering on the back the bigger older style of terrace i usually charge around £30-£35 for a clean out then if i can sell them a g&f clean as well even better, :Image13: and hopefully il get the odd jet-wash job as well

jimbob im in the same boat mate with the kids,

keep up the good work and you have a good idear there,

jimbob im in the same boat mate with the kids,

keep up the good work and you have a good idear there,
cheers bud its goto be worth a try i worked it that the price of the leaflets £49 for 5000 + paying for delivery £125 thats £174 in total i would only need 3- 4 g&f cleans to get my money back i manage that a week atm minute with just my website and word of mouth

Ive recently been pushing my gutter cleaning alot more now both my kids are at school full time i was going to get some more windows but decided to keep them at 2-3 days a week for a couple of reasons 1. I earn more doing gutters, 2. I f i have to many windows to do i will struggle threw the school holidays to get them all done.
anyway ive designed a simple leaflet i decided on something fairly basic after a recent topic about looking too professional giving the impression that im expensive so hopefully going with a basic leaflet will get me more phone calls and once im at the customers house it should be easier to sell myself and my services alot easier than over the phone ( well thats the theory.) Ive got a family member to put a 1000 a week out for me at the cost of £25 per 1000 im going to be doing this for 5 weeks at first to see how it goes im hoping to get a 1-2% response rate or around 10- 12 a week im going to be starting this towards the end of next week once ive finalized my flyer design and got them printed.

my flyer design (minus my real tel number)

attachicon.gif
_basic gutter leaflet 2_0.jpg
Soffit not sofit jimbob. I reckon you'll pull in some work with it mate.

Soffit not sofit jimbob. I reckon you'll pull in some work with it mate.
haha cheers i wasn't sure because when i typed it in both ways it still said it was wrong then the spell checker didn't help either

any gutter clearence jobs i do i always ask the customer would they like them done every year and a lot take up the offer so it helps to generate more work , good luck anyway

il change the GUTTERS CLEANED TO gutters cleared then, ive always tried to keep my prices reasonable but ive also got to think about the compition theres at least 2 people i know of round here that clear out any size house for £20 they just go round the streets knocking on doors with there ladders. My average price for a gutter & Fascia clean on a semi is £60 thats for round the top only then if they want canopys above bay windows thats more depending on how much guttering there is i can earn around £200 a day on gutters were as when i do windows i do around £120 a day ( 6 hours a day)

I could probaly charge more but at the end of the day its not what im about i earn enough and people are happy with the quality of work and my prices i earn between £20-£30 an hour not to be sniffed at especially when most people round here are on £7 an hour even trades struggle to get more than £14phr and my over heads are fairly small around £100 a month depending on what mileage i do.

I would also add "prices subject to property size & site survey" just to cover yourself as you will get some real awkward jobs to do so need to price accordingly.

Regarding what others seem to charge take no notice as there will be ppl doing it cheaper no matter how much or little you charge.

Will you be clearing gutters using a guttervac, by hand using ladders or both if need be?
yeah good point thats why i put prices from might change it prices start from then maybe a bit of small print at the bottom saying what you just said.
il use a combination of both it depends on how bad the gutters are if its the really solid stuff or wet moss i do it by hand otherwise i spend more time unblocking the vac but if its realitivly dry and dusty i use the vac.

If i start getting alot of inquiries i can push the prices a little bit higher i suppose. how long does it take you to do a 3 bed semi? i can do an average 3 bed semi in about 2hrs -2n half including a window clean which i add into the price aswell

i can see what you mean but personally i couldnt charge someone £75 an hour as i wouldnt pay it myself but its probally a location thing. people round here moan if they have to pay more than £2.15 a pint with the average price about £1.85 so i know for a fact they wouldnt pay me 3 days wages for 2hrs work cleaning there gutters, i know there is some bigger houses n people with more money were i live but even there tight gits and wouldnt pay a window cleaner more than what they earn, ive priced a few big detached houses in the past and anything over £140 ive never had a call back. I know people say if you get every job you price your too cheap. but im quite happy sticking to the average 3 bed house averaging £25-30 an hour if i can get that from doing around 20 hours a week that i do know to 40 hours pw il be very happy

I've Just booked another one in for 150 squid (3 bed end terraced total 14 liner metres of guttering) so just goes to show you don't need to be that cheap to gain work.

Which includes guttering & downspouts checked & cleared then outside of guttering, soffit & fascia cleaned then a free window clean afterwards.
How do you keep a straight face when you tell them the price Smurph OR when you're talking through the price do you inject them with a substance that zombiefies them and they'll agree to anything?

I'll have you know Tuffers I'm not that expensive to what some charge around here. Go figure :Image3:

How do you keep a straight face when you tell them the price Smurph OR when you're talking through the price do you inject them with a substance that zombiefies them and they'll agree to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back