Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed re cleaning of swimming pool conny roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

One of my customers has asked me to clean his swimming pool conservatory....all the glass, both inside and out together with the conny roof exterior and all of the interior roof that can be reached. The roof is a little larger than most that I do. For a standard conservatory I just wash it clean with my applicator on an unger pole and then squeegee it off. No problem. Just a couple of questions to all you lads and lasses:

1) My unger pole is only a few meters long and will not reach the higher section of the roof. Do you think a harris pole would suffice for the job.

2) There is quite a bit of green on the roof so I think I will have to buy a brush head to attach to the pole....any particular types recommended?

3) Will I need more than just hot water and ecover.

Apologies if the photo isnt that good....i took it on my crappy phone

View attachment 2557

thats a hell of job mrtaytay ....i hope you have your weetabix in the morning.....i had a green conny the other day and it came up quite well with flash and fairy but i am going to get some of the other stuff stated on here....good luck with that one....my arms are aching looking at it...:hiding:

Looks a ball ache tay. Get a cheap wfp and hook it up to the outside tap. Diluted Virosol will get the green muck off, but make sure to rinse well. I'd probably be tempted to ask if I could use a wfp inside too, but leave off the Virosol.

One of my customers has asked me to clean his swimming pool conservatory....all the glass, both inside and out together with the conny roof exterior and all of the interior roof that can be reached. The roof is a little larger than most that I do. For a standard conservatory I just wash it clean with my applicator on an unger pole and then squeegee it off. No problem. Just a couple of questions to all you lads and lasses:
1) My unger pole is only a few meters long and will not reach the higher section of the roof. Do you think a harris pole would suffice for the job.

2) There is quite a bit of green on the roof so I think I will have to buy a brush head to attach to the pole....any particular types recommended?

Ive done something very simalar a few months ago borrowed a tower off a friend and cracked on using a harris pole took me half day just to do the outside of something similar I think the one I did was a lot smaller thou. The only problem with the harris pole is fully extended they are not very rigid and if your not careful you could end up dropping a heavy brush head all the time (very annoying and time wasting). These kind of jobs I wish I had a decent WFP system.

My system is very simple for something like this hose the lot to loosen it up leave the hose running on the section your doing use my harris pole with Virosol in the bucket, standing on the tower the harris pole wasnt fully extended which makes it more rigid and left the bucket below my tower as I swung round to dip it was much easier. Once all the muck is off clean it like a window.

Ive never had to do anything inside a pool or like that but would consider getting a few blanks big enough to reach from side to side but I borrow all of this kind of stuff from a friend for free so I dont have to spend or store anything. (get your trunks on lol)

You are right joshua, wfp really comes in handy when it comes to jobs like this. Its still achievable though....trad style.

I dont think I would be able to use a tower as the lawn slopes down to the conny and there is very little flat ground. It will have to be a ladder and a pole. Would you say that brush heads dont fit well on a harris pole?

I have three brush heads and I find they come loose constantly but what I have done to keep them on longer is use plumbers tap, its the fact that the pole itself isnt very rigid. You can get extendable legs on towers so that you can us them pretty much everywhere its just the cost of hiring one that sucks about £60 a day from my local building merchants.

yeh a wfp in a swimming pool area should of course be okay....oh so glad its you not me...well i was once asked to clean a marquee which was interesting....well to be fair they were real windows fitted..and four hours later they were clean...you never know whats around the corner in this job...good luck with that one mr taytay and let us know how you got on:)

would you be able to reach all the outside of the roof section from a large step ladder with a harris pole and just the pole for insides , either way theres nice money there for the taking

I have had my regular ladder up against the pool and will be able to reach the top part with a decent sized pole. The customer isnt too worried about all of the inside of the conny roof being cleaned.....only the parts that can be easily reached. I havent worked the quote out yet. There is an awful lot of glass to clean there, as well as the roof. The customer is happy with either a quote or for me to work at a daily rate. I am thinking it should take a day and a half, though my time estimations are often wrong and a little optimistic.

Looks a ball ache tay. Get a cheap wfp and hook it up to the outside tap. Diluted Virosol will get the green muck off, but make sure to rinse well. I'd probably be tempted to ask if I could use a wfp inside too, but leave off the Virosol.
How much would a cheap wfp system be tuffers

I have had my regular ladder up against the pool and will be able to reach the top part with a decent sized pole. The customer isnt too worried about all of the inside of the conny roof being cleaned.....only the parts that can be easily reached. I havent worked the quote out yet. There is an awful lot of glass to clean there, as well as the roof. The customer is happy with either a quote or for me to work at a daily rate. I am thinking it should take a day and a half, though my time estimations are often wrong and a little optimistic.
yeh so are my time estimates.....way out...

How much would a cheap wfp system be tuffers
Well I'd buy a 2nd hand pole off fleabay with a brush included if poss. You would need some pole hose (just a bit longer than your pole) and one of these http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/aluminium-male-hose-connector-with-6mm-hose-tail-p-338.html then connect to a garden hose reel and Bob's her uncle.

I have spare connectors and pole hose if you wanted to do it that way. Easy enough to post :thumbsup:. When you've finished the job put the pole back on fleabay or keep it for future jobs.

Well I'd buy a 2nd hand pole off fleabay with a brush included if poss. You would need some pole hose (just a bit longer than your pole) and one of these http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/aluminium-male-hose-connector-with-6mm-hose-tail-p-338.html then connect to a garden hose reel and Bob's her uncle.
I have spare connectors and pole hose if you wanted to do it that way. Easy enough to post :thumbsup:. When you've finished the job put the pole back on fleabay or keep it for future jobs.
Thats very kind of you tuffers. Much appreciated. Will let you know If I decide to do it that way.

could ya add a couple of sections onto ya unger pole?

I cleaned one similar the other day. Wfp top outside then squeegee it off (takes forever and tonnes of water to get the bits off). For the inside I hired a youngman board (8metres), used a triple ladder and trad.

I couldn't use wfp inside as there's plastered walls,lights etc.

Hope you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that too so doesn't realy matter using an outside tap and wfp to be honest on that roof as is poly sheets.

Wait is that roof clear glass or Polycarbonate Sheets?

Latest Posts

Back