Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside conservatory roof

D

David Williams

Just had another shite job from hell...!

New customer asked for an inside and outside clean in a glass conservatory roof...

Outside fine..

She forgot to tell me she smokes 60 fags a day in her conservatory....

Was there 3 hours and was still not that happy

I usually used a window vac on inside roofs but this just wasn't cutting it there were marks and shite still on glass

In the end the vac ran out of power so finished off by hand

I was covered in nicotine the water was yellow and I felt sick as she was in the conservatory the whole time smoking...

Any advice how to clean inside conservatory roofs....???

Yep maybe get someone else to do those sort of jobs for you :rolleyes:

I always ask for the conservatory to be completly cleard for starters before I arrive. Then at least you don't have to start moving stuff about or worried you're going to knock something over etc. If it is a tiled floor then you have no worries if the floor should get a bit wet whilst you're working.

To do the frames and glass I would use hot tap water or hot pure water and a degresser like ubik or virosol mixed in a bucket which I've found cuts through most grime. I tend to do everything by hand using a good safe step ladder and mop up any water that goes on the tiled floor as I work.

Last edited by a moderator:
that makes me feel a lot better after doing my worst jobs today.....thirty foot up little squares...spiders on every one....spiderlings which nicely smear on every square....and stupid railing which you can hardly get your hands behind....and i under priced it as well...and soon the lime trees open up and dump all their stuff over them too...

yep me got an inside to do and hes a heavy smoker...not looking forward to it....went tonight but couldnt be bothered and did a runner...not as bad as yours though...mind you the mad cat woman is after me.....13 cats....nice fragrant smell inside....and bloody fences and gates everywhere....we all have em...:rofl:

ahh but you can hang on to the railings...hey i got worried when doing the top ones...:eek: dont worry as soon as one of them sells i am off....well that one is connected to another job which is connected to another job....

i dont think you could wfp easy any way as the stupid squares are just stuck on and the water drips underneath the frames...and of course the stupid railings are in the way....and not to mention ...true....spiders on every single square...

that makes me feel a lot better after doing my worst jobs today.....thirty foot up little squares...spiders on every one....spiderlings which nicely smear on every square....and stupid railing which you can hardly get your hands behind....and i under priced it as well...and soon the lime trees open up and dump all their stuff over them too...
yep me got an inside to do and hes a heavy smoker...not looking forward to it....went tonight but couldnt be bothered and did a runner...not as bad as yours though...mind you the mad cat woman is after me.....13 cats....nice fragrant smell inside....and bloody fences and gates everywhere....we all have em...:rofl:
'Did a runner' /emoticons/biggrin.png I love this bloke /emoticons/biggrin.png

So may I ask how much was that job worth @cheapncheerful.

ahh but you can hang on to the railings...hey i got worried when doing the top ones...:eek: dont worry as soon as one of them sells i am off....well that one is connected to another job which is connected to another job....

I would have walked mate. I've cleaned with the best of them, but there is no way I would have a client smoking while I am there.
to be fair i think its against the law anyway...but it is hard to not upset the custy....me i dont think i could stand being:specs watched...

As @cheapncheerful would say done a runner /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't allow anyone in my work area either especially if they smoke:thumbsup:

I would have walked mate. I've cleaned with the best of them, but there is no way I would have a client smoking while I am there.

So may I ask how much was that job worth @cheapncheerful.
you dont really want to know......well it should be £20.....but it is £12....however i can do the two in an hour and half two hours tops so £12 an hour not too bad...and the money is always left out for me and one of them is a lot easier than the one under the lime trees...doesnt mean i want to do them though....

I don't alow anyone in my work area either especialy if they smoke

thats what i need to do be a bit more smurful..../emoticons/smile.png and take control...

I thought for a min you ment you where up on a roof with binoculars gawping./emoticons/biggrin.png

You want to try going on a roof with binocular man gawping at ya :rofl:.

you dont really want to know......well it should be £20.....but it is £12....however i can do the two in an hour and half two hours tops so £12 an hour not too bad...and the money is always left out for me and one of them is a lot easier than the one under the lime trees...doesnt mean i want to do them though....

thats what i need to do be a bit more smurful..../emoticons/smile.png and take control...
Are you busy CNC? Maybe Smurf your prices up.

Smurful sounds good to me /emoticons/smile.png

Are you busy CNC? Maybe Smurf your prices up.
a work in progress...and coming soon a different website....yeh too busy but not with the work i want...anyone fancy doing the mad cat woman...

me thinks i be mr smurfs busy fool....

Latest Posts

Back