Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

conny roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

cleaned this conny to day used ubik2000 sprayed on the brush came up nce
10151258_1418362851759044_5221524276724527425_n.jpg

i must get some of that ubik2000 and maybe time to spray it on the brush i have just dropped my cleaning fluid on the brush and lose a lot of it....nice job........the one i did yesterday was a glass fan roof and it took me a lot longer than i thought ....another lesson learnt.../emoticons/smile.png

i must get some of that ubik2000 and maybe time to spray it on the brush i have just dropped my cleaning fluid on the brush and lose a lot of it....nice job........the one i did yesterday was a glass fan roof and it took me a lot longer than i thought ....another lesson learnt.../emoticons/smile.png
thanks m8 its realy good stuff that ubik ,yea nuffin worse than pricing a job an then it take longer than u thault /emoticons/smile.png

If they are after the cheapest price then good luck with that one.

Myself I prefer to upsell the quality of my deep cleaning services I offer rather than sell on price alone. Some conservatory roofs can take no time at all and others can take hours to deep clean properly. I've been caught out too many times thinking a job is going to be easy then found out it was a real pig to do especially the pointy bits due to access issues. Conseratories come in all shapes and sizes and some are very awkward to do so I price alot higher than others would do. After saying that I must be doing something right as I still get plenty of work.

Be carfull using ubik or virosol as can sometimes stain plastic a cream colour which is a pig to get off and is not good for self cleaning glass either. I prefer to use hot water first either tap or pure from the van mount hot water heater. Then if need be use chems/cream cleaners, magic sponges etc for detailing. I also check and clear the downspout, guttering also roof gulleys and box gutters if applicable. Then clean the outside of the gutters etc and would also price up as an extra on a quote if they want the sides deep cleaned aswell which most do on a one-off deep clean.

May I ask how much did You charge? A have something similar next week and they want good price...?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a beginning for me so I do not want to charge much more then the others but That customer knows me for quality so They should not be too tight however it is still very competitive business. They do not want me to do gutters inside only face of them.

So how much are you thinking of charging then?

Will it be a one-off or a regular clean?

for windows will be a regular clean and I might get fascias and gutters to do around the whole house. I am thinking £70 for the whole conservatory inside and outside except gutter vacuuming. My conservatory is bigger and a bit more complicated then the one on the picture.

If your happy with that price then that's the main thing but may take you alot longer than you think it might.

Let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

no problem.Last week I did all windows and shutters(sides of the window frames) for the same customer and It took twice as long as I had anticipated

I always seem to take an optimistic view as to how long a job will take. I was once asked to clean a massive new church centre, inside and out. Every piece of glass inside....mirrors, glass lift, glass lift shaft, glass staircase, glass everywhere. I also had to do the church next door, inside and out (the windows had not been cleaned for decades). I thought it would take me 3 days and quoted accordingly. It took 5!. Thankfully, the vicar, a really nice chap, realised that I had badly under quoted and gave me an extra payment out of his own pocket. It was a great gesture and made me feel a bit better about it all.

I always seem to take an optimistic view as to how long a job will take. I was once asked to clean a massive new church centre, inside and out. Every piece of glass inside....mirrors, glass lift, glass lift shaft, glass staircase, glass everywhere. I also had to do the church next door, inside and out (the windows had not been cleaned for decades). I thought it would take me 3 days and quoted accordingly. It took 5!. Thankfully, the vicar, a really nice chap, realised that I had badly under quoted and gave me an extra payment out of his own pocket. It was a great gesture and made me feel a bit better about it all.
Bless you my son

I always used to do that. Thinking yeah that won't take long but always did.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May I ask how much did You charge? A have something similar next week and they want good price...?
i charged £15 for that small roof that was just the roof it took me about 15 minits to clean as it wasent that dirty to b fair, she thault that was expencive lol /emoticons/smile.png i have cleaned her windows for years so she is a reguler custmer all ways make a cuppa wich is nce she also has the gutters cleaned once a year £90 an a free window clean /emoticons/biggrin.png well she thinks its free any way:cool:

How often do you clean that consevatory roof?
thats the second time ive ever done it her husband used to do it with a cheep car brush thing frm b an q but he had a stroke so i now do it they never get that dirty in that area an there was not mch grean ailgy an it

Back