Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

I've been doing mainly domestic / residential for last 10 years but would like to now push more for some commercial contracts.

My question is...

How do you approach commercial firms? Call or email? What do you say? Wording? Who do you ask to speak to?

Many thanks

I've previously used a letter of introduction saying something a like, I feel your company could benefit from one or more of our services etc. Also list a few other commercial ones that you have. Also photo examples can sometimes look good e.g. PVC cleans before and after. Do a mail shot of a small cluster and see how it goes and then maybe a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A friend of mine has recently lost a commercial contract was worth 2 weeks work per month, so a hard hit to take, sometimes safer with domestic, but the grass might be greener on the otherside?
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I wasn't thinking anything that big.

Maybe just the odd office buildings here and there.

I've previously used a letter of introduction saying something a like, I feel your company could benefit from one or more of our services etc. Also list a few other commercial ones that you have. Also photo examples can sometimes look good e.g. PVC cleans before and after. Do a mail shot of a small cluster and see how it goes and then maybe a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Not thought of mail?! Good idea...

Any other suggestions?
On a rainy afternoon around Xmas time I decided to try and drum up some commercial work. I'd seen a health centre near me where the windows are absolutely minging. I thought I'd contact them. The only way of contacting the place direct was through a website submission. As it happens they have leisure centres all over the county. So I emailed them all saying that I'd passed by their premises and noticed that the windows could do with a clean. I had 3 responses and picked up 2 of them. I've cleaned the one, still waiting for payment from it (30 days is up this Saturday) and when I do I'll clean the other one as the same person is in charge of both centres and if I'm going to get stung (you never know) I don't want to get stung twice.

@LouisAMS do you advertise online much? I've never picked up much commercial - a few shops and offices have come my way from existing residential customers. Do you have a website advertising commercial cleaning?

On a rainy afternoon around Xmas time I decided to try and drum up some commercial work. I'd seen a health centre near me where the windows are absolutely minging. I thought I'd contact them. The only way of contacting the place direct was through a website submission. As it happens they have leisure centres all over the county. So I emailed them all saying that I'd passed by their premises and noticed that the windows could do with a clean. I had 3 responses and picked up 2 of them. I've cleaned the one, still waiting for payment from it (30 days is up this Saturday) and when I do I'll clean the other one as the same person is in charge of both centres and if I'm going to get stung (you never know) I don't want to get stung twice.
Good point! Don't want to do a big job and not get paid!

@LouisAMS do you advertise online much? I've never picked up much commercial - a few shops and offices have come my way from existing residential customers. Do you have a website advertising commercial cleaning?
Yes I have a website, I do have a commercial picture but good point I might put a commercial page on it [emoji1303]

Latest Posts

Back