Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washing A House

Shaun1977

Just been asked today to pressure wash a house the house has been painted so I'm worried will the paint not come off from pressure washing it and is there any other precautions I need to look at

just lower the pressure on the washer and you shouldnt remove any paint , what i normally do is prespray with chloras , let it soak in for 10 mins then rinse

any farmers co ops or suppliers will stock it , be warned if you get it on glass dont let it dry in as its next to impossible to get off

dont be afraid to use it , if you get some on the glass just it a thorough rinse , ive never had a problem with it yet , it melts the dirt off straight away especially green algae , its brilliant on concrete drives and paths etc

So do use an xjet type system to spray chloras onto the walls?
not an xjet ,im using a foam bottle that attaches on to the washer lance , half chloras half water and a drop of washing up liquid to help it stick to the walls

So do you have any idea of the strengh of the mix when it goes out of the end of the lance?

Reason for asking as it must get watered down quit a bit when it mixes with the pressue washer water coming out of the lance

Back