Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If wfp was banned, would you continue...

years ago,long before i was ever a window cleaner , somewhere [cant recall where] i read/saw about a known phenomenon where blokes are obsessed about ladders and get a thrill even hearing them mentioned .

theres Defo something special about ladders thats for sure.

Trad is very satisfying....whats wrong with you lot;)

For the past few months i have been using a backpack and wfp for all those hard to get to and dangerous windows.....and it is a real blessing...time saver too....love it.

But I still love tradding, still love the challenge of overcoming awkward windows and still love that feeling of having detailed the upper windows, wiping the sills clean and then climbing down the ladder.

I likes the best of both worlds!

Funny just the other day I was reading it was banned in america. I would trad bungalows only. I enjoy trarding and sometimes find it easier to scrub and buff something clean than to just brush it and spray it with water. Once stain and stuck on marks have gone wfp is way easier and is only choice for upstairs. Plus its quicker.

Guess I'm not a real man as I would not like to be up a ladder all day every day. I mean I'll go up one to get somewhere and be as quick as possible but I'd sh!t myself if hanging off one with stuff dangling off me stretching my little arms around a big window. If I was forced to do trad all day I would do it wear a suit of armour! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I suppose if wfp was banned there would be a hella lot more work out there who braved the two connecting pillars of evil and continued tradding! I'd just hire in someone to trad tops with all that extra dough /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited:
never say never
clear.png
Why? What will happen?

I love em both as you know so not bothered either way...some days...I wfp a lot others I trad ...

sometimes just on the mood...

sometimes on the job...because of the :turd: glass.

good post though jake it makes you think...and its not beyond the realms of possibility bearing in mind watering lawns and using hosepipes has been banned in the past and we are getting weird weather...

bloomin scary puddles across the country lanes today...:eek:

Was

I love em both as you know so not bothered either way...some days...I wfp a lot others I trad ...
sometimes just on the mood...

sometimes on the job...because of the :turd: glass.

good post though jake it makes you think...and its not beyond the realms of possibility bearing in mind watering lawns and using hosepipes has been banned in the past and we are getting weird weather...

bloomin scary puddles across the country lanes today...:eek:
was it wet down there today cnc

We missed all the rain in my neck of the woods, no rain at all, just a few light showers over night last night...

Heard it was pretty bad elsewhere!

bloomin wet all right mr taytay....thankfully...I cleaned my back gutter yesterday as I had been warned it was coming....

still only one to clean today...and it was an inside....nice restfull weekend to recover...shhhh no kids around....peace.

yep I had to slow right down for some of them lakes in the road...scary..

bloomin wet all right mr taytay....thankfully...I cleaned my back gutter yesterday as I had been warned it was coming....
still only one to clean today...and it was an inside....nice restfull weekend to recover...shhhh no kids around....peace.

Should've got your banana boat out cheap!

I always like to suss how many days i might have missed on the windows when i am on my hols...sad, i know.

Travelling south tomorrow to ayr.....sussed a couple of real ale bars there that will be frequented, then back home the next day and back to the grind......the liver needs a rest!

what a horrible thought.

I would probably scale the round down to just the bare minimum windows needed to pay the bills choosing the best suited properties for trad and go into something else, another area of cleaning or something else entirely with the view to give it up as soon as poss.

In that case just buy a fully fitted van system... /emoticons/wink.png
After experiencing how much quicker and easier wfp is, I personally would find it soul destroying to go back to trad. Id probably go back fitting windows

After experiencing how much quicker and easier wfp is, I personally would find it soul destroying to go back to trad. Id probably go back fitting windows
Can someone tell me how I post a comment without doing it as a reply please

if i had to i would go back trad i would

but two man team WFP and being able to trad is the best

there is,int many guys who make the switch from trad to WFP then go back trad

Latest Posts

Back