Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

month off

lee.h

not been going long so this is a strange question lol. a group of my mates are off to australia for a year and i have an offer to go out for about a month in dec or jan whatever... worried about loosing hard earned custies during this time.. not sayin i'll have that many but can anyone suggest anything i could do to avoid this... like notify all custy's that i wont be cleaning in say december or something? what you guys reckon?

If you really want to go have you not got somebody who can do the one clean you will be missing, keep what they earn and you come back to your custys who are none the wiser.

Where u from Lee ?

Take a month off in jan mate, you don't want to do December and loose all your Xmas tips!! Hope the weather is bad and they won't know the difference!

ye i was thinkin that. its probably gonna be so wet here anyway. its something i'll have to consider i think. jan seems cheaper to go too. We'll see. it aint cheap to go either so financial pressures may play their part haha

Notify them of the months absence. If they can't cope with dirty windows for one month they're whack jobs.

I've got a friend who takes 3 weeks every july to drive round europe etc. He's been doing it for years doesn't seem to faze his biz and that's mid-summer. Works like a looney though. :)

if you clean everyones monthly you should be able to get round it you might be a week late but in winter i bet hardly anyone will notice im always shuffling custies around at the minute trying to make my round easier and quicker to clean sometimes its 5-6 weeks since they was last cleaned but they dont seem to mind or like masons said just drop them a letter in when you do the december clean and just say due to a holiday your next clean will be in 5 or 6 weeks etc.

I take 3 weeks off every August to look after the kids in the school break never been a problem i just give them a month notice and there is never been a problem but do work Saturdays to do my commercial jobs they have to have there front shop windows pubs window etc clean all the time as i live on the coast and they rely on there holiday makers

Do you find it hard work getting back in to it mark or do you just crack on as normal as if you havnt missed any

it is something to look forward to it is boys time we always go away camping just for 3 days at a time so we can do things the wife does not like we go fishing, paintballing , funfairs i think it is probably the last time all 3 of us are going away together as my eldest is 15 and talking about going away with his mates and yes it is always hard to get back into work as we have great fun it like being a kid again

When I got back from afghan I had 5 week paid leave god I did not want to go back to work it was the longest i had ever spent with my kids, so I know that feeling.

Back