£140,000 a year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by nearlyclean, Dec 20, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/daily-news/fosters-city-hall-window-cleaning-bill-slammed/8607627.article
    Nice job

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Wow nice job indeed!

3. duke

duke Guest

I'm happy with my job and earnings...in fact, I think this is the best job in the world, well, one of them.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

the job brings lots of freedom and potential.And with Buildings being constructed with large areas of glass can only mean a bonus for us

5. I earned £100,000 a year in London as an insurance broker. I have two kids which I never saw as I left home at 6am and got back at 9pm. I used to go to bed worrying whether my job was safe and worked with a real a-hole. I spent everything I earned every month and still lived beyond my means. I also paid £3,400 pcm in tax and NI.
    I now earn a quarter of that (and building), have no horrible workmates. If something crops up I can take a day off and if I feel like working hard then I can earn a little extra for the week.
    I am happier earning £20k than I ever was earning £100k and so is my family, especially my kids.
    There is no such thing as easy money and I guarantee anyone earning £140,000 a year is miserable more often than you or I, the humle window cleaners.
    It took me 22 years to realise the flash job with loads of money will not make you happy. It may offer you the trimmings but its no good if you drop dead at 50 from over-indulgence and stress.
    Believe me when I tell you the grass is not greener....

Advertisement