£16 too much?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by JJ Window Cleaners, Aug 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JJ Window Cleaners

I was asked for a quote today for the house in the middle. She wants all the windows you can see cleaned, plus two similar size windows round the back and spme patio doors.

I'm inclined to tell her £16, but her neighbour across the street (with the same house) wants hers doing too, so should I drop it a bit or stick to my guns?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

If that's your price, then stick to it. There is no need for discounts when you haven't even worked for them yet. Let them earn it.

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I would never drop the price only because ive got another customer nearby - what happens when you stop cleaning one of these houses ?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would charge more for a first clean myself so that way you don't get stitched up if it turns out a one-off clean. 3 storey work is also a high risk job using ladders so be careful bud.

5. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I would stick with that price for a trad clean.

6. JJ Window Cleaners

I've stuck with it. Told her it'll be more for the first clean. Just have to wait and see.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Personally I don't charge more for a first clean for a regular but would not drop the price because there is another job close
    You should have a minimum you would accept to do the job so why would you go lower

8. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't charge more for a first clean for a regular but, it's about time I bloody did....I'm sick of spending an hour for 8 quid cause I think it'll only take me 20 minutes next time....it rarely does !

Mart.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

We all live and learn bud but time is money as they say.

10. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

You start charging more for first cleans when you got plenty of work & couldn't care less being rejected.

Advertisement