Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello, Lady Wfp Window Cleaner Here...

shazzy692002

HI All

My name is Sharon. (aquaclear). I have been window cleaning for 16 months now. I live and work in suffolk.

I brought a grafter when i started, had nothing but problems with them (17 and 28ft). They have both been sent back about 5 times to be fixed, now they are over a year old, ionic wants nothing more to do with them...Anyone else had this problem.

Looking forward to learning a bit more about you all and the job. xx

View attachment 828

You would do well canvassing lol. I bet you get a lot of enquiry's?

Joking aside, That what you call poor customer service.
Haha, I dont expect there is many of us females.!!!! I can see why, my body feels like it is falling apart...No never canvassed, a bit nervous about doing it, I have about 340 customers, so really only need 100 more customers to be happy. I dont get many enquiries, as i only live in a tiny little town with lots of window cleaners. :)

Sorry to hear your troubles with your poles. I met a few husband and wife teams and there was another girl that posted on here with a couple of guys working for her. I surprised there isn't more women window cleaners around

Haha' date=' I dont expect there is many of us females.!!!! I can see why, my body feels like it is falling apart...No never canvassed, a bit nervous about doing it, I have about 340 customers, so really only need 100 more customers to be happy. I dont get many enquiries, as i only live in a tiny little town with lots of window cleaners. :)[/quote']Have you thought about strating up in other areas?

Women having problems with their poles /emoticons/smile.png lol

Hello and welcome /emoticons/smile.png

That's a far amount of customers for someone that hasn't canvased /emoticons/smile.png

How do you get your business ??

Women having problems with their poles /emoticons/smile.png lol Hello and welcome /emoticons/smile.png That's a far amount of customers for someone that hasn't canvased /emoticons/smile.png How do you get your business ??
I brought a round with a van with the system inside. Have advertised a few times, but find that expensive with little return, Any business i have picked up has been through word of mouth os seeing my van. Not picked up as many customers as i would have liked, in the time i have been doing it. /emoticons/wink.png

Have you thought about strating up in other areas?
No not really, my little town (felixstowe) is about 5 miles long, so i spend very little time traveling. Today i drove 8 miles. lol. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Might be worth looking at expanding to the next town or two if you want 100+ more customers .....

Defo worth a website aswell /emoticons/smile.png

Welcome to the window cleaning forums Sharon,

If you can have a quick read over the forum rules, then post away. We are a helpful, friendly bunch, so if you have any questions, just ask.

*You may find it useful to use the 'view new contents' button at the top right hand side of the page, when browsing topics.

Ladder

Hello Sharon, welcome to the forum, what made you decide to take up window cleaning?

I heard of two local female painters and decorators, and they get alot of business simply because they are female!

Gmeister

Back