Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Creating A Web Site Help!

Flinn

Hello all,

Anyone know how or were i can get tips for creating a website for my window cleaning business.

Im a total novice when it comes to this sort of thing.

Trying to attract more customers & look a a bit more professional.

Any help would be great

Flinn

If you're trying to look more professional and attract customers, you're better off with a professional website. Trying to build one yourself will only end in tears! You'll end up spending about 50 hours or more on something that you won't be totally happy with.

We can build you a website for £20.75 a month.

Here's some examples:

www.prestigewindowcleaning.co.uk

www.rapidcleaningservices.co.uk

www.teessidewindowcleaning.co.uk

www.belfastwindowcleaning.co.uk
How many pages do you get for that??

How many pages do you get for that??
As many as you want or need. There's no limit. Most websites average about 20 or so pages. It's good practice to have one page for each service. This will mean you can optimise each page for a specific set of keywords and let the home page keep the generic keywords such as "Commercial and Domestic Window Cleaning in ".

Iains right mate unless you have the time to get ya head around wordpress or something it does pay to get someone to do it for ya, it's not just about looking right.

A professional website will always look amazing, but if you handy on a computer and read a few articles on line then you can make a free one, and make it look good....

Although Iain comes highly recommended and does some amazing work, I don't see the point in paying for a service i can do for free, yes it might not be as good as his sites, but mine does its job and looks good, it does eat a lot of time up though and you will still need to ask questions

First site I built was a record store for myself and used joomla, I reckon it took a year to really get my head round it properly.

Really? I say I've been fiddling with Wordpress for a total of about 6 hours and I'm fairly confident with it, another 5hours and I recon ill have 90% of it down to T

Maybe I'm just a quick learner??

Really? I say I've been fiddling with Wordpress for a total of about 6 hours and I'm fairly confident with it, another 5hours and I recon ill have 90% of it down to T

Dodger's talking about customising the code within WordPress to make it do what you want. You'll find the deeper you go within WordPress, the more complicated it becomes. You'll get to a point where you wonder what the heck you're supposed to do next! Been there, done that...

WordPress itself is easy to use, that's the beauty of it as you can build a website and then pass it over to the client and they'll be running in a few hours. Some don't bother and just let the original developer handle changes but it's quite easy to use.

How are you backing up your WordPress site? I recommend using the DropBox plugin as it's automated, easy to install and pretty strong. Give it a go!

Dodger's talking about customising the code within WordPress to make it do what you want. You'll find the deeper you go within WordPress, the more complicated it becomes. You'll get to a point where you wonder what the heck you're supposed to do next! Been there, done that...

WordPress itself is easy to use, that's the beauty of it as you can build a website and then pass it over to the client and they'll be running in a few hours. Some don't bother and just let the original developer handle changes but it's quite easy to use.

How are you backing up your WordPress site? I recommend using the DropBox plugin as it's automated, easy to install and pretty strong. Give it a go!
Didn't even think about backing it up lol

£20.75 a month ongoing /emoticons/ohmy.png You must be kidding /emoticons/biggrin.png
Thats the price split over 12 months which is actually very competitive. If you want to do it yourself you can obviously do it cheaper but you get what you pay for in this world!

Iain mate you can't do him a website he is from Belfast too..!! Lol.

Finn, I wasted time messing about trying to do it myself before Iain set me up with a great site and I'm a happy chappy!

With respect Iain seemed to me a much better effort than the links you put up earlier. Also being a reactive site works on mobile devices too.

By the way this is not my site but I do know who built it.

Back