1000L IBC & van insurance.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WaterBoy, Jan 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WaterBoy

WaterBoy Guest

Hi guys, I'm after a bit of advice for van insurance and carrying water.

I'll start by saying I'm not a window cleaner but need to carry water & its a case of the more I can carry in one trip the better.

I didn't realise insurance would be a probelm but after trying to get quotations for carrying an IBC in the back iv hit a bit of a brick wall with most of the "well known" insurance firms saying they won't cover that much water.

So I know window cleaners need to carry plenty of water, so I thought I'd ask where & who you get your van insurance from. I'm looking to carry 1000L in the van (securely fixed) and also tow a water bowser, that's another 1000L.

Where would be best to get a quote from insurance?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

Just got insured with AVIVA a couple weeks ago, they were the only to agree to insure with the water tank, and their price wasn't too bad either

3. WaterBoy

WaterBoy Guest

I spoke with one of the underwriters for Aviva and he said they did not insure vans when carrying water, he didn't specify any amount, just said "no"!

4. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

I have heard of "Gleaming Insurance" and marketed as for window cleaners but im not sure if there any good or anything....

5. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

A-plan mate. They have specific dept for 'customised' vehicles (whether tank strapped/bolted), and deal with window cleaners spec incl replacement vehicles.

6. WaterBoy

WaterBoy Guest

Cheers, iv had a look through some of the old post on his forum, seems like A-Plan & Adrian Flux would be a good place to start..

Any other recommendations. ???

7. WaterBoy

WaterBoy Guest

Got a good price from A-plan & think I will be taking them up on the quotation.

Advertisement