Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Are You Charging For Solar Panel Cleans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

This last week I've noticed quite a few houses with solar panels. I'm going to put leaflets through the doors of the said houses. Plus I'm going to drive round and note down ones I've not spotted as yet.

Before I do, I need to come up with a pricing plan. So far I've come up with 1x £5, 2X £9, 3x £13, 4x £17, 5x £20, 6x £23, 7x £25. The price per panel comes down slightly the more you've got.

Any other pricing ideas appreciated.

Also, what pole to use? Would a 40 foot pole do? CLX or SLX? Not got that size pole as yet as I'm going to see what kind of feed back I get first.

RC, I've used your pics, hope that's ok.

Cheers.

i charge £30 for a standard 16 pannel set up, comes down if they only have a few then if they have more, its £3 per one.

yer thats fine, dont mind u using them.

i use a 42ft pole and get on fine with that one. dont forget that some are harder to access than others,

£25 for 8 panels and £3 per panel after that
What if they have 5/6 panels. What do you charge then? I've seen some with only 2 on the roof. I need to charge a half decent price if I've got to go out of my way just for 1 panel.

Here's a leaflet I've knocked up.

Solar Panel Cleaning

Do you want to make more money/electricity?

Have you ever thought that your solar panels are dirty and not letting as much light through as you would like? Or have you thought, “how am I going to manage to clean my solar panels now they are up on the roof out of reach?”

I have the answer!!

I use “PURE” water, fed through a pole with a soft bristled brush on the end. The water goes through a deionisation process to purify it. This process extracts all the chemicals found in tap water. The water is brushed all over the panels to clean the dirt, then more water is used to rinse the panel and leave it spot free!

Below is a panel that has been cleaned on one side to show how much dirt they accumulate. The cleaner they are the better they will work for you.

One of RC's pictures here

Prices from; 1x panel £5, 2x panels £9, 3x panels £13, 4x panels £17, 5x panels £20, 6x panels £23

More prices on application.

Call Steve on 07********* or 0********** for more information.

Any good chaps?

Would not put any prices on a flyer myself as some jobs will be more awkward than others :rolleyes:

What if they have 5/6 panels. What do you charge then? I've seen some with only 2 on the roof. I need to charge a half decent price if I've got to go out of my way just for 1 panel.
you have got to have a min charge £25 call out other wise it is not worth doing

I know I started a thread a couple of weeks ago for solar panel cleaning that got quite a negative reaction. However, I feel slightly better about the efforts I have put into researching solar cleaning and giving a little thought to how I pitch it. I'm certainly not saying no one else does this, but something is different. Whereas you seem to be getting £30.00 for 4KW/8 panels I am regularly getting £60.00 and am gaining jobs every month. Am fascinated to find out what is different.

No, I do not live in London or indeed in the south. I am in the midlands and my customers are not incredibly wealthy either, just normal middle England.

Now we know how much we are all charging, it would be interesting to hear how we reach those prices and what our pricing strategy is based on...

Hmm, some different strategies here. Going out on a scouting trip later round my area. Let's see how many I can tap up.

Think I might go for a minimum £15 charge up to 4 panels and £3 per panel over that.

@ Solar Steve. What pole do you recommend mate? Carbon or carbon mix, also what length.

If Mr Gardiner reads this, can I have some discount please? :)

I for one am very greatful that you put up the stuff you did about solar panel cleaning Steve, it was something that I was probably aware of vaguely but never put any real thought to it, now you have got me thinking, and that is a good thing. /emoticons/smile.png

I have no idea if there is much in the way of solar panels over here, but we will now start to assess this, perhaps we can get a drop on our competitors with this one. /emoticons/smile.png

Is it not possible to say wait till next year(at least some people round where I live would have had it for a year) and canvass houses with solour panels on, even if they don't want them doing now, you give your info, etc.

Would this work??

Do you guys get asked to do this rather then canvass.

I mean at least when you get the job, you can say they need doing regular say yearly????

Unless they lived by a busy road, dusty road(say near a quary) etc then have done 6 monthly.

gaurenteed(spelling?) income and something different to window cleaning.

Drove round my area for an hour this afternoon. Mrs. T was writing the addresses as I was driving. I only covered a smallish area (lots more to recky) and I now have 40 houses to try and tap up. My lad is going round our estate tomorrow with some flyers. I'm giving him 50p for every house that he finds with solar panels. Just you watch the little tinker dump them and claim his money /emoticons/biggrin.png

Is it not possible to say wait till next year(at least some people round where I live would have had it for a year) and canvass houses with solour panels on, even if they don't want them doing now, you give your info, etc.

Would this work??

Do you guys get asked to do this rather then canvass.

I mean at least when you get the job, you can say they need doing regular say yearly????

Unless they lived by a busy road, dusty road(say near a quary) etc then have done 6 monthly.

gaurenteed(spelling?) income and something different to window cleaning.
They will get dirty quicker than you think. Look how dirty Velux windows get in just 4 weeks compared to window glass. Both solar and Velux are at the same sort of angle to the sky and get really dirty.

I'm going round looking for them on the roof rather than advertise. Doing it this way is stealthy and you are not then alerting any other windys to this niche in the market, and you are getting your message right in the face of the potential customer. /emoticons/wink.png

You know what, I am thinking of expanding my company big time, and will advertise this!

Thing is, where I live I see alot of "trad" window cleaners, IE me included!

Only ever seen one water fed pole van, obvisly there window cleaning shop I go to for suff have their own window cleaning bussiness too, and imploy wfp window cleaners, also seen other windys there too for wfp, but never seen these else where lol, I reckon there aint many wfp people here?

Even if there is I reckon they dont advertise solor panel cleaning!

Ok I could be wrong, but this is from what Ive seen...

Next big thing I was told 2 years ago... If anyone can tell me you can make good money on cleaning solar panels like 100k a year if not then I'm out :rolleyes:

Do a search on google as you maybe be surprised how many use wfp local to you also offer solar panel cleaning.

In my area alone there are over 14 wfp window cleaners all do solar panel cleaning so like anything else ppl do them so cheap nowdays it's not worth the hassle for me. Give a quote for £60 and some numpty will charge only £10-£15 for the same job. Go figure :rolleyes:

You know what, I am thinking of expanding my company big time, and will advertise this!

Thing is, where I live I see alot of "trad" window cleaners, IE me included!

Only ever seen one water fed pole van, obvisly there window cleaning shop I go to for suff have their own window cleaning bussiness too, and imploy wfp window cleaners, also seen other windys there too for wfp, but never seen these else where lol, I reckon there aint many wfp people here?

Even if there is I reckon they dont advertise solor panel cleaning!

Ok I could be wrong, but this is from what Ive seen...

Latest Posts

Back