Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Are You Charging For Solar Panel Cleans?

Next big thing I was told 2 years ago... If anyone can tell me you can make good money on cleaning solar panels like 100k a year if not then I'm out :rolleyes:
We are in the hat for some separate multi million £, 5 year contracts to be started next spring. These are the biggest deals we have ever been involved in. There is big money to be made, but you need the right info, contacts, presentation of your company, insurance etc etc etc. There is even big money to be made as a subcontractor.

This is what I was trying to get across with the idea of the training days. We will be looking for subcontractors in the future, but i need the right type of companies to come on board. We need to create an across the board platform, which does not exist in the UK at the moment in the way it does in other countries.

If anyone wants to discuss further, please post on the solar panel cleaning training thread or pm me. :)

@ Solar Steve. What pole do you recommend mate? Carbon or carbon mix, also what length.

If Mr Gardiner reads this, can I have some discount please? :)
Carbon is ideal, mr gardiners extreme will do the trick. (I know you are reading this alex! i will call in my discount! lol!). As regards length, there is no 1 size is perfect pole. You are best to purchase when you know you have the job.

Do a search on google as you maybe be surprised how many use wfp local to you also offer solar panel cleaning.

In my area alone there are over 14 wfp window cleaners all do solar panel cleaning so like anything else ppl do them so cheap nowdays it's not worth the hassle for me. Give a quote for £60 and some numpty will charge only £10-£15 for the same job. Go figure :rolleyes:
Just because they offer the service, doesn't mean they can complete the job. Call them up and ask them to give you a quote, risk assessment, method statement and insurance docs for cleaning a 50KW roof mounted installation on top of a farm building. Of the 14 in your area, I would guess that 1 or maybe perhaps 2 would be kitted out to do that job.

I do not believe every window cleaners solar cleaning claims. Many advertise it because they do not want to appear as though they are behind the competition, but in truth, they are...

Back