100M Microbore And Varistream?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Duxbury, Oct 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Duxbury

Duxbury Member

Mkay so my pump died today :-( It was a dodgy second hand thing and I was kind of expecting it.

Am looking at buying a Shurflo 100PSI with the Varistream, however I am running 100m microbore, I have read a few things suggesting this could be problematic? I am not keen on reducing the length of my hose, I do use 80M+ or so of it on a few jobs and I cant really justify buying 8mm hose as its only 4 months old.....

So just want to make sure it will work ok? Or if not whats the alternative? I do have a simple analogue frequency controller, but it relies on the pressure switch on the pump to function, so id be dubious running it on a 100PSI pump (im not sure how low you can set the switch?) and also surely the switches burn out eventually?

Any feedback would be much advised. Looks like im going to be rained off until sometime later next week so I have a couple of days to decide.

Thanks guys o/

Advertisement
  2. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

You can run a pump off the pressure switch no problem, but if you don't want the have the pressure switch to fail then buy a controller that dead ends. The pump will also be fine with 100m of microbore, I run two reels of 100m microbore off of one pump.

3. Duxbury

Duxbury Member

Thanks. Yeah ive ordered the 100PSI shurflo with the varistream. A guy from Williamson (makes varistream) actually phoned me and set my mind to rest pretty well, very helpful

Advertisement