Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"Clucking" chickens

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shiny

Arrived at a new job this morn, the lady was nt wrong when she told me over the phone "we are a bit out of the way" this place was back and beyond. Anyway I arrived eventually and introduced myself to the owners, a very well spoken, down to earth couple.

Meet & greet over the lady of the house takes me on a tour so I can assess the job and quote a price, as we start to pass window after window after window the size of the place starts to hit home and the £££ start flashing in front of me faster than on a Tesco's till.

As we reach the side of the property we walk up to a high mesh fence and a gate, at which point she tells me that I must keep the gate bolted once trough the other side, or the birds will get out. Looking round I see half a dozen chickens, milling around in the distance. She also went on to say if they bother you just nudge them away, they'l soon go. Anyway tour over, price agreed I start work.

Sun shinning, sunglasses on headphones in listening to R2 life don't get much better. For a first clean it was going very well and I soon reached 'the gate' mindful of what she said I got everything ready so I could open the gate drag it all through asap, the half dozen chickens were still some distance away so no problem, I went in, gate bolted, objective achieved. Settle in to 2 nd phase of the job, headphones back in listening to Ken Bruce's dulcet tones,everything's going tickety-boo as they say.

It was just as I started to make my move across to the 2nd upper window that I felt the tugging at my boots... looking down I found myself surrounded by chickens the six I had seen early had suddenly multiplied to what looked liked 36 and for some reason had took a liking to my boot laces, no amount of nudging was going to shift em, even when my nudging, lets say got more intense, they just came straight back for more, not to be beaten I carried on and for the nxt 45 mins my new following stuck with me like sh@&t to a blanket. I wished I had put another fiver on for the harassment...ha. When I told the lady she said "oh yes, the daft buggers ( did't sound right coming from a well spoken voice) they seem to think laces are worms.

Anyhow I survived and Iam currently "hatching" (sorry) a cunning plan for my next visit. What I am going to do is take with me a cardboard cut out of Colonel Sanders, stand it next to me while I am in their territory....lol just to remind them whose the boss...hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl::rofl::rofl: We have a couple if chickens and one thing they don't like is getting wet. May be just an accidenal shower or two!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: We have a couple if chickens and one thing they don't like is getting wet. May be just an accidenal shower or two!
Right, as well as the Colonel I ll take a fire hose with me next time ...lol

Arrived at a new job this morn, the lady was nt wrong when she told me over the phone "we are a bit out of the way" this place was back and beyond. Anyway I arrived eventually and introduced myself to the owners, a very well spoken, down to earth couple.Meet & greet over the lady of the house takes me on a tour so I can assess the job and quote a price, as we start to pass window after window after window the size of the place starts to hit home and the £££ start flashing in front of me faster than on a Tesco's till.

As we reach the side of the property we walk up to a high mesh fence and a gate, at which point she tells me that I must keep the gate bolted once trough the other side, or the birds will get out. Looking round I see half a dozen chickens, milling around in the distance. She also went on to say if they bother you just nudge them away, they'l soon go. Anyway tour over, price agreed I start work.

Sun shinning, sunglasses on headphones in listening to R2 life don't get much better. For a first clean it was going very well and I soon reached 'the gate' mindful of what she said I got everything ready so I could open the gate drag it all through asap, the half dozen chickens were still some distance away so no problem, I went in, gate bolted, objective achieved. Settle in to 2 nd phase of the job, headphones back in listening to Ken Bruce's dulcet tones,everything's going tickety-boo as they say.

It was just as I started to make my move across to the 2nd upper window that I felt the tugging at my boots... looking down I found myself surrounded by chickens the six I had seen early had suddenly multiplied to what looked liked 36 and for some reason had took a liking to my boot laces, no amount of nudging was going to shift em, even when my nudging, lets say got more intense, they just came straight back for more, not to be beaten I carried on and for the nxt 45 mins my new following stuck with me like sh@&t to a blanket. I wished I had put another fiver on for the harassment...ha. When I told the lady she said "oh yes, the daft buggers ( did't sound right coming from a well spoken voice) they seem to think laces are worms.

Anyhow I survived and Iam currently "hatching" (sorry) a cunning plan for my next visit. What I am going to do is take with me a cardboard cut out of Colonel Sanders, stand it next to me while I am in their territory....lol just to remind them whose the boss...hehehe

thanks for that after a poopy day i needed a laugh....yes i have a collie that likes to attack my feet...hmmmm its only being friendly....

One thing I do not do is work in an area with children, pets or livestock that can get in me way or cause me harm whilst im trying to work.

It's the responsibility of the customer to make sure you have a safe area to work in @Shiny or should we call you rooster now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Arrived at a new job this morn, the lady was nt wrong when she told me over the phone "we are a bit out of the way" this place was back and beyond. Anyway I arrived eventually and introduced myself to the owners, a very well spoken, down to earth couple.Meet & greet over the lady of the house takes me on a tour so I can assess the job and quote a price, as we start to pass window after window after window the size of the place starts to hit home and the £££ start flashing in front of me faster than on a Tesco's till.

I bet you thought 'pluck this for a game of soldiers.'

I'll get me coat :cool:

No it was cash, no freebie eggs, but I have got my eye on one of them... It would make a nice Sunday roast..lol

I had a WC customer for just 3 cleans before they sold there house in a quick last minute deal. And by way of a parting gift they bought me a bottle of wine and a load of beer. Now thats what I call a good customer.

You could always say something like "a sly fox ran off with one in broad daylight would you belive missus. Now have you got any veg & tats to go with it in yer garden if so can I borrow yer spade"/emoticons/biggrin.png

Back