110 leisure battery charger

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by johnny bravo, Nov 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

can anyone help me out , i need to pick a leisure battery charger, hopefully not toooooo expensive,

this is becoming expensive to get set up.

need to be carefull, budget . theres one on amazon @£27.99 streetwise SWIBC5 12V 3.8aMP INTELLIGENT BATTERY CHARGER,
    Has anyone got one out of the local outlets like halfords or Go outdoors, or similar.

gotto start getting items next week, stressing me out tooooo much. i should be enjoying the change over.
    getting too anxious is there anything i have missed in my topics that i should also get , + 110 battery

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. johnny bravo

whats everyone saying that you shouldnt charge with a car battery charger, all say you will damage your leisure battery
    different advice from people with experience.:(

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

5. 110 amp hours , not volts I'm guessing?
    You'll be charging something large, it's not going to matter if it's marketed as a leisure or car charger. Stirling do amazing charges if you can splash out.
    Whst you drawing off the battery?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was just reading some of the reviews. Are some ppl that daft that they think an old knackered battery is going to take and hold a charge :confused:

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

A car charger will charge a leisure battery, but will not do it properly.

A leisure battery charger is designed to 'force' a little more charge into the battery. We used a car charger to begin with the leisure battery on the trailer and we had no end of issues. A leisure battery would last about 8 or 9 months. Whether it was the battery charger or exposure to the elements I don't know.

When I upgraded to a van setup nearly 7 years ago I also bought a Leisure Battery charger. The first 110 amph leisure battery lasted 3 years and the current 110 amph Numax battery will be 4 years old in January.

I bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Numax-12V...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2ec04aa970

The only thing I've done is put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the cooling fan bearings - probably a years ago.

8. johnny bravo

thanks, il see if any local suppliers

9. johnny bravo

this charger does come with a plug fitted for indoor charging , i can get charger + 110Amp battery from same site, they also state can be picked up from local argos

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have a halford fully automated battery charger

Advertisement