Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eddy electronic descaler instead of water softener

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Ah, its a long shot and probably no good. But after spending loads to get started and still need more stuff I now think i will probably need an expensive water softener too. Ive been ploughing through old chats on the forum and it appears that if you're unlucky enough to live in the extra super hard water areas, its a must have unless you want to keep buying membranes. So anyway, does anyone know about this electronic descaler thats advertised. i found one online called Eddy, and theres some adds on tv now. They are way cheaper (£140 ) and sound really good. I wonder if anyone knows/has any ideas on this. Apart from that longshot, whats the best deal on a decent softener or are they any good second hand? Sorry lads, I know its abit late for a sunday but reply any time,

ta ta for now

kev

I see some available for £129 for cleaners but are they up to the job? If so then its fine but I had visions of £300 or so.  If my acca has come in nothing will matter but thats the longest shot of all lol

Ah, its a long shot and probably no good. But after spending loads to get started and still need more stuff I now think i will probably need an expensive water softener too. Ive been ploughing through old chats on the forum and it appears that if you're unlucky enough to live in the extra super hard water areas, its a must have unless you want to keep buying membranes. So anyway, does anyone know about this electronic descaler thats advertised. i found one online called Eddy, and theres some adds on tv now. They are way cheaper (£140 ) and sound really good. I wonder if anyone knows/has any ideas on this. Apart from that longshot, whats the best deal on a decent softener or are they any good second hand? Sorry lads, I know its abit late for a sunday but reply any time,

ta ta for now

kev

Water softeners remove the heavy metal ions in the water and replace them with sodium ions. An expensive water softener will then flush those heavy metals down the drain and regenerate the salt. If you have a cheap one you have to do this process manually yourself.

I could never work out how an electronic metal descaler works; lets say what it does with the metals it supposedly removes.

I spoke to a plumber once who fits boilers and he said they were a waste of money. Add it to the inlet of a boiler pipe and they charge more for labour and add a bit of markup for something that makes the customer happy but serves no purpose.

My advise is to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. You must have plenty of experienced people in your area due to the hardness of the water.

I'm afraid those of us who live in soft to moderate water hardness areas probably aren't the people to be asking advise from.

yes thats best. You read on here of horror stories of membranes lasting a year in these areas so, needs to be done. Aside, I think im gonna start drinking Buxtons, got me thinking all this new knowledge : )

Latest Posts

Back