Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My cheapo ro system and set up.

Diwrnach

Had a few people ask how I have mine set up and a couple of pms, so finally got round to taking a few pics, it is nothing special by any means and pretty simple, but if it helps then all good.

I have the RO unit on the wall above the toilet in our downstairs bathroom, plumbed into the sink water feed and down the drain of the sink, the output then goes through the wall into a water butt outside on the other side of the wall.

Excuse the state of the downstairs bathroom, not lived here long and not got round to decorating it yet so its a bit of a state....

View attachment 3280

View attachment 3278

View attachment 3279

Will be adding a larger DI vessel and probably a pump soon, so I haven't bothered to tidy it up much yet.

Oh worth pointing out the floor where the butt is on the other side of the wall is quite a lot lower than the floor of the bathroom.

Maybe 3 feet lower?

With a PPM of 450 you should probably think about putting 3 pre filters in and a seperate large DI vessel as really your water should come out at 000pm innitially even if the

same pole/ same ro as me donkey er Diwrnach although i did get the pump...my first filter is turning a nice brown colour now...i am lucky my tds is 163 ish at tap...yep mine comes out at 000ppm

it is only a tiny bag of resin on this setup...

i just wish all my equipment was the same as yours..:thumbsup:

I must have a problem with my set up then, as i have a system with 3 prefilters, 3 membranes horizontally on top and then a 10" diameter DI.

The water out the tap is 359 and out the DI at 4

With a PPM of 450 you should probably think about putting 3 pre filters in and a seperate large DI vessel as really your water should come out at 000pm innitially even if the
That is the plan aye /emoticons/smile.png

I feel for you mate with a PPM of 450. I thought mine was bad at 250 . ...Footy on now /emoticons/biggrin.png
Yeah it sucks, but so far coming out at 6 it is cleaning spot on.

Thanks for putting up the pics mate. :thumbsup: That all looks quite straight forward. Any chance you can send me some money so I can buy myself the same stuff?

Thanks for putting up the pics mate. :thumbsup: That all looks quite straight forward. Any chance you can send me some money so I can buy myself the same stuff?
No worries, and I wish I could mate, 3 kids are bleeding me dry, they're like a mini swarm of locusts.

What problem have you got PTWC
Well he has tap water @ 450 and produces 6 after the DI.

Whereas i got more filters Tap @ 350 and can only produce 4 after DI :thumbsdown:

Back