Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

18 Year old and insurance.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's what I thought. I remember way back from a driving lesson the instructor having a go at me for driving over a painted one and I replied that he had told me I was allowed to drive over painted ones! Then again that was going back over 30 years, so things do change.
I did my EFAD driving course a few weeks ago and that’s one of the exam questions.

Mate that is insane! 100% shop about. See my post above about my renewal!
Definitely going to! I also had to put down a £600 odd pound deposit to even get insured, I went with A-Plan. They told me as I have an 850 litre system, they struggled, anything smaller and it wouldn't have been so bad.

I'm having my system stripped out and replaced with a 650 PureFreedom system on Friday so I think I'll call their bluff on that one.

That's driving an emergency vehicle, totally different rules. I had to do an advanced driving test and the examiner said, after driving over one, that it was an automatic fail, not attempting to drive round it, and 3 points as well.
Interesting. I seem to remember that there is something about the mini roundabout having a blue roundabout sign means you have to attempt to drive round it but without the sign it might be different. I guess it comes under due care and attention? There must be some traffic regulation or highway code rule somewhere that explains it properly?

Interesting. I seem to remember that there is something about the mini roundabout having a blue roundabout sign means you have to attempt to drive round it but without the sign it might be different. I guess it comes under due care and attention? There must be some traffic regulation or highway code rule somewhere that explains it properly?
That’s what my offence was
Undue care and attention

All roundabouts have a sign warning there is one ahead. That is a traffic sign and ignoring it is endorsable for Joe Public. Emergency vehicles, outside of emergencies, aren't going to be prosecuted. How many Police cars have been done for speeding without blue lights. Supposedly we are allowed to follow them and can't get prosecuted, doubt many are brave enough to test it.

Just found this:

Rule 188

Mini-roundabouts. Approach these in the same way as normal roundabouts. All vehicles MUST pass round the central markings except large vehicles which are physically incapable of doing so. Remember, there is less space to manoeuvre and less time to signal. Avoid making U-turns at mini-roundabouts. Beware of others doing this.

From: The Highway Code - Using the road (159 to 203) - Guidance - GOV.UK

I haven't emphasised any text, that's how it's written.

So it doesn't seem to differentiate between just painted ones vs ones with a hump!

Looks like I should be making more of an effort to steer round them - Oops.

Thanks for making me look into this a bit more!!

Yes you are right when I have time I will find it in the highway code you can drive over a painted spot but not over a raised roundabout, it’s nothing to do with exemptions of emergence vehicle driving .

Yes you are right when I have time I will find it in the highway code you can drive over a painted spot but not over a raised roundabout, it’s nothing to do with exemptions of emergence vehicle driving .
You do need to attempt to drive round any of them

You do need to attempt to drive round any of them
It would appear that the wording has been altered “ attempting “ to drive around it is different from driving over it that was the old wording , I stand corrected @Part Timer , but don’t feel that it would stand up in a court of law , attempting to do something is a very vague term and ime sure a decent solicitor would get you off any charge stating that his client did his best to attempt to drive round it ????

Attachments

• E491AE89-AA9D-4CD7-A6D0-470ED369953F.png
    E491AE89-AA9D-4CD7-A6D0-470ED369953F.png
    242 KB · Views: 3
So getting back on track……

I pay just over £2000 with admiral for 6 vehicles.

All but one is used for window cleaning with mods declared (water fed pole systems)

It’s his Age that’s doing, I don’t fancy putting his name as the owner really.

Latest Posts

Back