1st clean pricing? and procedure?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Scottie, Nov 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I little bit uneasy on pricing my 1st cleans, I feel I am smurfing it lol and charging too much, or will put them off. But then I now no how much more work it is doing a first clean, you have to make it look good and also you set yourself up for an easier ride next time etc.

EXAMPLE: Customer has just FB me and asked "how much for a 3 bedroom" I respond typically £10 for a three bedroom, I dotn want to go any lower really, is that acceptable? Then I stated the first clean is £15 and explained why, but said I doing a 20% off 1st clean offer at present so £12.

Anything I can do better, or is that all ok, I thought I would pick away at your experienced wndy brains.

Now, Procedure, I clean the frames and then sills and then sill cloth dry and then window clean, that a decent way to do it? I use a sponge to clean frames and sill cloth it dry.

THANK YOU!

Advertisement
  2. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

You need to find out the current condition of the windows to be cleaned; 1st cleans can take anywhere from double the maintenance clean time, to 6 times the regular clean time.

Explain what could be involved to the potential customer, this would help them understand the big price difference between the two prices. Your £10 maintenance clean price could be accurate, but your 1st clean price of £15 is probably way of the true figure it should be.

3. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hi, just found out it is medium dirty, no green she says, just normal dirt form not being cleaned. I no thats hearsay, so £15 is too ow would you say? say if the windows were just in need a of a good clean and not over bad, would £15 be a fair price? need to charge more or charge less?

Thanks Richard.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd leave the sill till last. Let the window water soften the crud on it, then wipe the sill last.

5. cheapncheerful

yep i was on the same rates as you there scottie but....it still takes too long faffing on a new job...i am in a better position than you as i have a fair bit of work but now...its double first clean...or they can do em themselves...i may reduce but....only if ...they have had a recentish clean...:Dhope you keep going no one is trying harder than you....!!!!!

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

when a new customer makes contact , i find they are very wary, many have experienced bad service in the past.
    i Dont say anything that might make them back out ,such as " its double for a 1st clean" -
    i usually simply say "most houses are £x " and long as its average sized and averagely dirty , i stick to that £x

7. cheapncheerful

one big mistake i made this year was doing too many first cleans that didnt get back to me.....and no....its not because i did a bad job...they either lose my contact or just plain forget and may phone up next year but....

i left all my regular custy round far too long....so now....i am a lot more choosy....i will not let my loyal regulars down again...

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

I’m guessing after you do it Scottie, you might think she got herself a bargain at £15 pounds. But still, you gain the experience from this and as long as you learn from any mistakes with pricing your efforts will be rewarded for any similar work onwards.

Time yourself; you will get quicker and more efficient with cleaning and pricing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do you wait for customers to phone you when their windows are due Dave?

10. cheapncheerful

good point richard.....thats what i have done so far....used it as experience and to gain the confidence to know i can do it....

got enough experience now....:D

well....some are done monthly whatever as thats what they ask for and thats next week so it doesnt mean i get too busy near xmas...

they usually have to ask me twice to come monthly and then...i know thats what they want...er...rain or shine...

then i deal with who ever emails texts or phones me first and then....i will do what ever i feel is due and this is all down to my feeling...its about time i did so and so etc...but...its not crucial so if some one phones...off i go...

i like this system as i never know where i will end up....it can change just as i go out of the door...makes it more interesting..

however....i am getting old now and ....nice easy clean monthly work does look appealing....especially with wfp...:rolleyes:

Advertisement