Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

going it alone!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

firstly ...hi and welcome to the fun forum .:balloondance:

RHYS2015 as you have worked for someone on the windows it does give you the confidence and help, so I am sure you will soon be very busy.

as above for how you get work also keep an eye out for small rounds for sale on ebay or gumtree etc as it would speed things up.

but most of all...keep posting and keep us informed of your progress...

many success stories on here..
/emoticons/biggrin.png

Great video smurf.:thumbsup: Seems a very likeable guy, and I can relate to a lot of what he said when I started my handyman business. Not that I want every dole dosser to end up as a windy, but it makes you think- why don't they just get off their arses and go and do something like this.

The only part I didnt like was the undercutting bit though, but like he said, it was all about survival.

at end of the day if u were workin 3-4 days a week on min wage u were prob getting 200 a week for busting ur balls for some other cnut ...

u will go out urself build it up and in aa while u will be able to do 200 in a day :) good luck mate and any help u need just post on here and everyone is very helpful

I think his vids including the last one on pricing most can relate too as was spot on about working out a min charge and not selling yourself short as your business grows.

Great video smurf.:thumbsup: Seems a very likeable guy, and I can relate to a lot of what he said when I started my handyman business. Not that I want every dole dosser to end up as a windy, but it makes you think- why don't they just get off their arses and go and do something like this.
The only part I didnt like was the undercutting bit though, but like he said, it was all about survival.

hi rhys2015 look at Instantprint for your business cards £16 for 500 plus delivery and delivery is very quick,if ordered today you will receive your order on Thursday.used them for business cards and flyers excellent quality and its located in England and not abroad like vista print and any money saved can be spent on your business.good luck you'll love being self-employed,been self employed myself 15 years but now its even better as i am now a window cleaner building up my own round and love the job(better than driving a taxi) good luck again mate

Thanks will check them out today & get some done, picked up a few more houses today only walked over the shop and saw a few people doing there gardens so had to ask where i saw the opportunity /emoticons/smile.png

picked up a few more houses today only walked over the shop and saw a few people doing there gardens so had to ask where i saw the opportunity /emoticons/smile.png
With that attitude you can't fail mate

Keep it up

There was a chap going about with smart workware on. Navy blue work trousers and a light blue polo t-shirt. When ppl asked him are you a window cleaner he just said "What does it say on the back of my shirt in big fookoff letters WINDOW CLEANER by any chance" /emoticons/biggrin.png

I dont have any smart work wear lol i wear whats comfortable and easy to work in (climbing gates etc isnt easy in jeans etc) im hopeing on word of mouth as alot of the ones i have picked up have asked for a few leaflets to give to friends & familly so its all good if anything comes of them /emoticons/smile.png

Also facebook adverts have picked up alot of interest in my local area as aparantly the other window cleaners around her show up as and when they want (either telling me they cant be bothered or its a bad area) so my prices have gone up slightly incase they turn out to be nightmare houses etc

Most of my work is word of mouth and a lot of it from people who already have a windie (either shoddy job, unreliable or awol)..it shows you are doing a good job

Monday 1 2 bed flat new job

Yesterday her friends house down the road

Today her sister

Also new job last week and 2 of her neighbours next week

You can't beat customers advertising for you

Thanks for all the help /emoticons/smile.png

My mate has offered me to lend his ladders until i have earned some money, but not sure if they will be a bit too big, they look larger than the ones im used to using, he says they are 4m, im grateful for the help as if i can save buying ladders for a few months its a bonus.. but when i do get round to buying a new set is 4m the right sort of size? These are 2 section trade set he said they cost him about £115 and hes never used them

I think 3m would suit most jobs

Depends if you are gonna do gutters or not

Mine are 8.5m

Il be doing gutters as and when, got a small 2 section 3m but theyre old now out back of garage so between the 2 sets i should be able to cover most jobs, like awkward windows etc

Thanks for all the help /emoticons/smile.png
My mate has offered me to lend his ladders until i have earned some money, but not sure if they will be a bit too big, they look larger than the ones im used to using, he says they are 4m, im grateful for the help as if i can save buying ladders for a few months its a bonus.. but when i do get round to buying a new set is 4m the right sort of size? These are 2 section trade set he said they cost him about £115 and hes never used them
Take them mate. Using unsuitable ladders is like a right of passage. /emoticons/biggrin.png They'll teach you what you want in a ladder, how to manouver it, and buildup your strength for the days work. By the time you are done you'll know exactly what you need to buy.

Canvass and canvass and write down the numbers of the houses you didn't get an answer from so you can knock again. Only way to build a compact round IMO.

It does build up bit does take time, Rome wasn't built in a day tho :)

Back