Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Up selling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

So a few weeks back after watching and listening to some stuff on growing a small business I decided to take a break from canvassing and try and upsell my services to existing customers and when enquires come in try and sell them more than what they call for. Bit of background I'm 18 months ish into being self employed and window cleaning. Got a really nice regular round but ul now and also seem to pick up plenty of add ons from regular customers and one offs. 

So all I have done differently is for example on regular window cleaning pointing out to customers if there gutters have **** growing in Em. Or when  I get a call to quote a Connie roof I point out it may be worth doing houses gutters so all looks good when roofs clean. Or playing ignorant and saying was it inside clean you wanted aswell I can't remember what you said on the phone. Letting them know that's an option.

I'm not sure if others do this anyway but for me it was a bit of an experiment not being pushy at all but just nudging customers slightly and I can't believe how much more I have made by doing this. It's not going to be an alternative long term to canvassing and other advertising but something I will do alongside. 

Be interested to know if others work this way maybe it's obvious and I should have done it from the start but like loads of things running my own business I'm picking it up as I go!!

So a few weeks back after watching and listening to some stuff on growing a small business I decided to take a break from canvassing and try and upsell my services to existing customers and when enquires come in try and sell them more than what they call for. Bit of background I'm 18 months ish into being self employed and window cleaning. Got a really nice regular round but ul now and also seem to pick up plenty of add ons from regular customers and one offs. 

So all I have done differently is for example on regular window cleaning pointing out to customers if there gutters have **** growing in Em. Or when  I get a call to quote a Connie roof I point out it may be worth doing houses gutters so all looks good when roofs clean. Or playing ignorant and saying was it inside clean you wanted aswell I can't remember what you said on the phone. Letting them know that's an option.

I'm not sure if others do this anyway but for me it was a bit of an experiment not being pushy at all but just nudging customers slightly and I can't believe how much more I have made by doing this. It's not going to be an alternative long term to canvassing and other advertising but something I will do alongside. 

Be interested to know if others work this way maybe it's obvious and I should have done it from the start but like loads of things running my own business I'm picking it up as I go!!
I up sell gutter & fascia cleaning I'm surprised that most my customers didn't know I did that I also picked up other customers who are in the same st who had a window cleaner but wanted gutters and fascia boards cleaned

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Yeah same here when I first met customers they had my flyer with all my services but I guess once you start cleaning the Windows once a month they forget. A simple reminder though and loads seem to want the services 

Back