1st Day using Liquidator

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Chimeara, Oct 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chimeara

Chimeara Newcomer

Hmmm well i have worked all day cleaning approx 40 semi's Using Moerman liquidator with Razr red facelift rubber. One min it seems great then for no apparent reason it leaves fine lines on the glass. If i use the rubber in a standard unger channel the are no problems at all. I have been using unger channels for close on 30 years with either pulex or unger soft rubber and very rarely have to do any detailing. I honestly cannot see what all the fuss is about with the liquidator.

Advertisement
  2. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

0 detailing mainly, I love it prefer it over brass or s/steel

3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Are you using a moerman handle? I ask this because I have a Wagtail and an ordinary brass handle both with liquidator channels; The Wag works best with soft moerman rubbers, but the brass handle one works best with Unger soft rubbers. I have one complete liquidator handle and channel and rubber, although smaller than the other two, and that works when it wants to.

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I notice mine does this as well, fine for a few houses then **** again. Keep an eye on the rubber to make sure it's still flush with the clips. I think that's the problem with mine

5. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Best way to stop it slipping is a small piece of wire or cable tie in the clips by the bulge in the top of the rubber I believe that daveyboy did a thread on it a few months back

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I done that with lyrics liquidator 1 and it did help to be fair

7. Carlwindy

Carlwindy Active Member

Heat the clips in hot water or over a flame and bend them straighter. There a bit too bent for my liking. Straighten them out and you will have no drag or lines at all. I got that tip from a video off YouTube last year.

8. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Try Black Diamond rubber medium/hard.

9. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Is it this the video??

10. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

If you have Excelerator with Liquidator 2 clips I'd be wary of doing this. The plastic is much harder and the angle is a little shallower than the original.

Advertisement