2/3 Customers Said They Will Pay Me When They Get Paid

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Jun 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Had 3 of them today out of 9 jobs !

Do many of use get these type of customers?

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Never had that mate

3. chip

chip Guru

Often get things along those lines. Now that I don't collect I just shove an envelope in their hand and tell them to send it

4. laddergarder

Same as above, "can you come back on friday when I get paid" or "monday when I get my money?" err no sorry, we cant come out clean your windows, come back out at ***ht to collect, then come back a third time on another ***ht. We can give you an invoice and you can pay online, send a cheque, or even post the money in an envelope through my door, my address is on the bottom.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Am going to start doing that.... but not until i hit 100 customers...

Im going to write my address on a load of envelopes and just hand them it... they can put the money in their and post it to me.

6. laddergarder

start as you mean to go on buddy, if you don't set a precedent with the customer they will continue to waste your time until you make it clear that they are not being reasonable.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Would this be a good idea?

Post an envelope to them if their not in when i finished cleaning and put a note in their with my receipt/invoice saying.... please send the money stated on your receipt to the address written on the envelope within 7 days.

Thankyou

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have a late payment clause on my invoices :payment to be made with-in 14 days of invoce, Late payment could incur a £5 charge!

Not got a single person on my debt list!!!!

9. harunh

harunh Legend

I couldnt do that rc ill lose customers ! haha

RC do u think that is a good idea what i said though mate ? do you think customers will buy a stamp and send me the money in an envelope ?

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

the main word in there is 'could' if you was late payment on a bill or bank there is always charges! why not for you bills!! the lastest i have ever had money has been 5-6 days, depending on the post.
    do you really want to keep the customers that dont pay anyway!

not knowing the area you are from its hard to say, all my customers either pay cash or bank transfer, there is one that drives to my house 5 miles away to drop in £4! only have 3 that post it.

you could try that and see what happens, if not then its time to think if you need customers that you have to chase all the time and cost you more money than you get!

Advertisement