2 Complaints This Week

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Belfastcleaning, Feb 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Had been cleaning these houses for about 4-5 months now wfp..

1 house I only do 1 dormer window inaccessible by ladders and 1 bathroom.. There is 3 other upstairs windows I have to do by ladder because it's inaccessible by pole.. Guy comes out when did you start this? I don't like it? Dosent do a full job.. Told him I never asked for any more money cleaning that window so if you dont want it done I'll not do it, the rest is still done by hand!! Oh oh ok then...

Next 1 all wfp, has seen me everytime doing this with the pole.. Paid my dad and told him I don't like this way, leaves the windows all streaky.. She drove on out to work. So was a good day and was dry by time I'd finished the street.. I went back to look, Her windows look brand spanking new not 1 speckle on the glass at all...

Feel like calling back to see what she thinks now and if she still complaining she will need a new window cleaner

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I bet the second person was really annoyed about the window being ''wet'' lol.

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I'd hate to see how she gets on when it rains!

Plus out her back is all decking so she has no choice

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what are you charging for each house and how many windows do they have

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i have complains about water on the floor etc, i just turn round and say it will cost you more for someone to trad clean than wfp clean and this is now the industry standard way of cleaning im afraid, soon shuts them up. if i get more than 2 moans from a customer there gone now coz i cant be bothered with moaners. i went self employed to get rid of nagging bosses etc and have a more stable comfortable life.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest I can’t be bothered with "you left my window wet brigade" anymore as all my domestic customers know beforehand how I clean windows now. May I add they are all delighted how clean their windows look too.

Like I said before you get good and bad cleaners whatever methods they use. :D

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ive seen some wfp cleaners not even bother with the frames and they do the glass, this baffled me. i always start on the top of the frames then do the glass then rinse the smaller of the window first and then move to the bigger ones and then last the window below the smaller one, i do this so if theres any dirt on the smaller one i can rinse it off last. i never had problems but i get the your brush scratched my sills brigade lol. i also seem to have a problem with lead windows, the lead seems to come away from the glass, its not my cleaning as im pretty carefull, have you had lead come away. i got 4 homes who have this lead on there windows and it always happens. thankfully they havent noticed this yet and i keep poking it bk into the hole it came from.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Fake double glazed leaded windows the type that is stuck on the outside I've never have had any issues with.

What I call (antique) really old leaded windows and stained glass windows to be honest I would stay well clear from as generally the leaded panes of glass can be easily damaged using wfp.

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i just changed my brush over, i was using a gardiners superlite brush and tbh its not that light and it seems to scratch the sills and damage lead on the glass. not to mention the bristles keep coming out, maybe its losing its winter coat :lol:

10. OoO

OoO Guest

LOL you love bashing gardiner dont ya ;) In 3 years never scratched a sill, damage to lead sounds like heavy handed operator and "not that light" what are you comparing it too exactly. Considering Gardiner is known for "lightness"?

Technique on leaded windows is a must. If you are going from top to bottom you are probably ripping the lead off. if you go from side to side, little bit of pressure you can clean and rinse at the same time.

Advertisement