Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Terminal!

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys so just bought a leisure battery, need to connect my pire freedom controller and shurflo pump to it.

Pump and controller are on a back plate pre wired.

I have a black and red cable coming from back plate. These wires are really thin. What connectors do i put on these cables to connect them to the + and - terminals on the leisure battery. Thanks guys.

089e9b8d3fbb001d68ccd7e012d59db5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry mate I didn't read your post properly. You could get some ring terminals to connect to the screws on them connectors. Battery connectors are usually designed for thick cable so trying to get them to stay in them connectors might be an issue. I brought a cheap set from Halfords that have a couple of screws to attach cables to.

528d031e32623a234df9048559ef0d60.jpg

If you have a look at the connections on your van/car you will see they have thick cables going off to a main fuse box/terminal box. Sometimes they have smaller cables attached to the screw clamps to ancillary equipment. If you want to keep the ability of 'quick disconnect' you could connect a thicker cable directly to the battery and then go into a junction box, you can then wire additional things through fuses to whatever you need to.

You will have to have a look for quick release terminal connections for 12 v batteries if your looking for that set up! Hopefully some members will be along soon to show you their set ups!

Back