2 X Di Resin Tanks

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve32, Jun 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve32

steve32 Member

Ok i have 1 x 25lrt resin tank, but heard some people use 2 tanks...... What is thinking behind this ???

Thanks in advance

Steve

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

makes the resin last longer, as you get max use out of first tank

3. mark m

mark m Hero

4. steve32

steve32 Member

Ok, so i take it if you are in a soft water area and you are already getting a zero reading through the 1 vessel then its pointless, but if you are in a harder water area and not quite getting zero from one vessel then the 2nd vessel will come into play ?

Thanks guys......... Good guys on this forum without chips on there shoulder, always there to help . cheers

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I've been asking about this too , the way I'm going to do it is have 2 di vessels in my van (I have one in my van already) . I will fill my 500ltr tank up with tap water and as I work it will come out of my tank through my 1st di vessel which I hope takes the reading down from 240 to the lowest possible then into my second di vessel and come out of my brush head as I'm working at 00.00

6. steve32

steve32 Member

Sounds like a plan mate, at least your not messing about connecting everything up outside the van 1st, and if you need an emergency fill on the jobs its just a simple fill to the van. To be honest i can get away with the 1 di vessel and get 00.00. I just didn't no if they was still an advantage in using 2, but i get what people are saying now. When i 1st started i was totally clueless and was messing about with ro units and all sorts. Realised later i didn't need it lol.

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I'm hoping I won't have to keep buying loads of resin all the time I've got the new Merlin RO system on top of my tank in my van I have to drive to my mates house and wait around for 3 and half hours for my tank to fill, but then it takes the water down to 15 then when I work it goes through my resin, my resin lasts forever but I just can't be dealing with hanging around for it to fill up

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Steve, I'm not sure you understand the twin di method. Maybe I'm reading your posts wrong? The advantage of twin is to keep using the resin past it's shelf life. Ie when the first vessel has crept up to say 006ppm, then that vessel becomes the first vessel and the second vessel will have new resin in. The idea of the first vessel is to take your tap water down a whole load of ppm before it hits the new resin. This will make the second vessel's resin last longer than it would by using just the one and in turn saving you money.

Hope that made sense :)

9. steve32

steve32 Member

No you haven't been reading my posts wrong, that's the answer i have been looking for, it makes perfect sense now! So basically it allows you to get the maximum use out of the 1st vessel, with one vessel you would be throwing your resin away once your ppm was out of range. But with the second vessel in place it allows the 1st vessel to keep working to a degree and in turn the 2nd vessel isn't working as hard. Nice one pal that has answered the question.

I suppose rotating the vessels would help ? Like once the ppm on the 2nd vessel creeps out of range you would throw away the resin in the 1st vessel and move the 2nd vessel to the front and the new resin would go into the new 2nd vessel, so that you would never be throwing away any resin that still has life in it.

10. steve32

steve32 Member

I no mate its a pain in the **** and its adding 3 and a haft hrs to your working day. You'l just have to have ago and see and way the costs up of the resin and the pain in the **** of the 3 and a haft hrs waiting. You never no you might be surprised!

Advertisement