21 lpm loncin

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by chrissyman, Jul 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Wondering if anyone can help. Received new 21 lpm loncin pressure washer earlier today. Was going perfectly then suddenly stopped. Can get it started but after a short period seems to cut out again. Topped up the oil plus unleaded petrol.

Just wondering if i m doing anything wrong.

Putting the revs to about a third of the way from the slowest
    Putting the fuel on. Choke closed then opening as engine starts up and machine switched on.

Wondering if i m missing something.

Two hose things the outer bypass plus the one that picks the water up in a wheelie bin full of water. Does the hose providing the water from the tap need to be on at all times

any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Is this happening when engine is cold? And does it only cut out when your off the trigger?

If no to the above then try more revs, 80% revs, see how it is then,

Yeah leave tap on when using so it's always filling, you'll need to fit a ball **** to stop the water from overflowing - although that won't happen if your not taking breaks, but it's a standard thing to do anyway so that when you stop, the wheelie bin will keep filling and then stop when the ball **** kicks in

3. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

cheers for the reply mate. I think it might be happening when the trigger stops. For some reason the engine stops as well. Any ideas?

Gonna get a ball **** fitted. Noticed a few of you on here have them set up that ll be the next job if i get this machine running eventually

Appreciated.

4. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Seems to be when engines hot. Lasts a bit longer when cold but still cuts out.

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Ok try with 3/4 revs see if that helps, sometimes they do cut out when off the trigger, but usually only when cold...

I think the low revs might be a an issue, is it defo returning to tank when your off the trigger ?

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Two things here.

Make sure you have the trigger pulled when you are pulling the cord to start it, this takes pressure off it, you can let go as soon as the engine starts, which takes us to point 2.....

My guess is you have the pressure turned as high as it can go? or nearly as high, this will cause the engine to stop unless the trigger is pulled, and also be unable to start, wind it out a load.

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It's shouldn't stop with the pressure at full wack on the valve though Diwrnach, it should just keep going as its sending the water back to the tank?

Mine doesn't cut out at full pressure and 3/4 revs...?

Seems a bit odd... Mine only cuts out if it's cold and I'm off the trigger, but after 5 mins running it never cuts out...

8. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Cheers for the replys guys. Having a mechanic look at it tonite. Had another go today but seems to be harder to even start. Tried at high revs but no joy. Seemed to have a bit more luck with lower revs starting it but kept cutting out about 30 seconds later.

Regarding the pressure valve mine doesnt seem to have a nozzle on the top just two bolts with a thread through the middle does say which way to turn to increase or lesser the pressure but when i tried it yesterday the pressure didnt seem to go either up or down. Wasnt sure if both nuts were to turn or just the one at the top if that makes sense.

Put unleaded petrol in and a small amount of 15w40 oil in the pump. But both the engine and pump looked like their was enough oil in both.

9. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Also didnt matter if i started on low revs then tried to move it to high revs...would just cut out when i tried to move the revs higher. Same if i kept it at low

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Wind the pressure *** all the way as far as it will go to the + and try it, there is even a video on it somewhere.

Advertisement