Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

UPVC Fascia Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marko067

Had a real bad one this week. Looked to me like heat escaping from an old alu window frame had somehow been involved in creating a real bad black mess on the fascia board directly above it. Vir-sol got the loose stuff off but not the ingrained stuff. Had to resort to a cream cleaner on the brush to shift it. Had to switch brushes after and rinse it out when I got home it was so bad. Got a fair price on it though so not out of pocket but would like to have been able to shift it a bit quicker. What do you guys use to clean fascias like these?

being trad as you have been,it would have been a case of geeting up the ladder and using elbow grease- not wfp

If needs be the ladders come off and the magic sponge goes to work. I did one this afternoon plus the conny roof. I thought it was going to be tough to clean as it had tiger stripes. Luckily they came off after soaking with Virosol and WFP. Next doors came out and wants hers doing too. I cleaned the windows for free as I was getting through it all a bit quicker than I thought I would.

agree totally!!! time is money,carnt be done faffing around when its just a case of getting up the ladder.obviously take your your safety as being 1st priority,before considering going up a ladder

Years ago I would have done it from the ladders without a second thought, but not anymore. I only get on ladders as an absolute last resort. Add to that all my ladders were stolen shortly after I switched to WFP and I only replaced the set that allowed access to flat roofs where my poles weren't long enough to reach over, so in this instance ladders weren't an option. The fascia came up very well with the cream cleaner. I just wondered if anyone had used anything else on the brush that was as effective but less messy and was maybe a bit quicker. Normally Viro-sol does the trick sometimes even just pure water.

Back