Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heading over to the darkside

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I found that it's easier to wfp the whole house, you'll soon get bored of having to carry trad gear/scrim for the bottoms, it's much faster to do the whole house wfp, it sounds like a good idea, but in reality, you'll just end up thinking 'bog it, I'll just wfp the whole lot'
You ever WFP'd a house and had your BOAB on too Jake? What a nightmare :mad:

two man team WFP works great for me one guy doing fronts other doing

backs

get through the graft so fast

then you still have trad as well everything covered

sometimes easier doing trad

mine was on full extension today and its bloody heavy...in fact...

View attachment 4878

guess who over extended it...and watched as his bottom clamp broke in half...

so I cant use it closed as the top clamp isnt glued and now the bottom clamp has gone...

it all adds to the fun

how many of you guys have the gardiners tap at the top of pole

or bottom

alex gardiner has video showing the tap at bottom controling water with tap in hand when poling how many try this method

You ever WFP'd a house and had your BOAB on too Jake? What a nightmare :mad:

Yeah!!! It's horrific!!! That's what I mean about not having to trad the bottoms - more hassle than it's worth!

I think 'Dave' (cheap) should invest in at least a hybrid pole!

Come on cheap time to spend some money on a pole....

I so wanted to buy a new one today...

but just need THAT special job to come my way and that will be it..

er forgot to pay the £850 credit card bill this month and daughter wants £300 for wedding and two car taxes near £500:eek:

still you cant take it with you.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh new pole time isnt too far away..

its not so much the lightness as I dont use it much fully extended but...

the er..bendyness...

thought I was safe doing them couple of windows fully extended as was no one around usually and turn round to see half a school of kids walking down the pavement and all going hey mister what you doing?

:specs:specs:specsyou cant get any peace these days..

how many of you guys have the gardiners tap at the top of poleor bottom

alex gardiner has video showing the tap at bottom controling water with tap in hand when poling how many try this method
Me, but I only use the tap when I need to turn the water off for a while. I just kink the hose between windows.

Me, but I only use the tap when I need to turn the water off for a while. I just kink the hose between windows.
What I would like to know Tuffers is my boss has a facelift backpack trolley and when using tap or kinking the hose the system makes a right racket . But my trolley has a sureflow pump and vary controller will the set up cut the pump out if I kink the hose ?

What I would like to know Tuffers is my boss has a facelift backpack trolley and when using tap or kinking the hose the system makes a right racket . But my trolley has a sureflow pump and vary controller will the set up cut the pump out if I kink the hose ?
Don't know about the facelift backpack mate, maybe the pump is still trying to pump even though the flow has stopped? I use a Shurflo pump and Spring controller, the controller goes into 'DE' when I kink the hose, the same as when I turn the tap off.

Have the same pole as cheapy, except mine has two more sections lol, I find its fine really, only time its a problem is full length at a 45 degree angle.

Have the same pole as cheapy, except mine has two more sections lol, I find its fine really, only time its a problem is full length at a 45 degree angle.
I suppose it's good if your not on the glass all day? Not sure it's something that's good for a day use...!

yeh but I dont have to go to the gym.../emoticons/biggrin.png

am impressed now anyway...I could never lift my body up always to weak...

but on saturday found I can now lift it up...

so something must be working...

so how did I find out I could lift myself up?

my dad had a leak in the loft and he showed me how I was supposed to get into the loft...

that would be a set of step ladders..

on a duvet covered bed....

and even then I had to stand on the grab rail at the top of the ladders...

well he held them steady the first time...

but then buggered off bored so cheapie had to bounce up and down them and imagine he was in a ship.

but well impressed I could grab hold of the loft hatch and haul myself up...

love you banana...long may you bend..

maybe me order another section diwrnach../emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back