28 days or monthly

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Mar 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Do you guys do monthly cleans or every 28 days, what's upsides and downsides to both.

I've heard a few people saying they prefer on to the other is there a reason why?

Cheers Paul

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

6 weeks. I know a few people disagree with that but I found 4 weeks came round to quick and people started moving to 8 weekly so I thought rather have 6 then 8 as over 24 weeks I get 4 cleans rather then 3 but that's just my opinion

3. I think it's our area buddy. I offer 4 or 8 weeks but am definitely considering offering 6 as well. Quoted up 4 jobs today and all 4 wanted 6 weeks. I don't want to loose my 4 weeks but 95% of the time people will go with 8 rather than 4 if offered. I know some people don't offer that service and disagree but I know I would be out of business if I didn't.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I do mine per calendar month, if you want to know why, look in the 'shuffling customers' thread!.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

I am in exactly the same boat. Don't want to lose them and can't afford to say no I only do 4 or 8. I personally cannot see a problem with it long as you have a few of them and I certainly have. Can understand if you only had 1 or 2.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes I totally agree with u guys 4 weeks dies come round really fast, so I think offering options is a good idea yeh?

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

i offer 4 or 6 weeks to avoid 8 weeks really

i say most of my work is 4 weeks but if thay say can u do it every 8 weeks i try to get them for 6 weeks works most of the time and if the job is a bit out of the way or not in the area i'm normally am i try to stick to 6 weeks to make it worth me doing the job

8. James

James Guru

I only offer 4 or 8. Keeps the database simple for me, 6 weeks start to mess it up.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0fp3ec

9. Masons

Masons Guru

99% of my work is 4 weekly, round this area all work I have known of has been 4weekly or 8.
    One of my customers has moved to 8 weekly, and that's it, only one in the last 3-4 years?
    I do not go by calendar month, there are 13 x 4 weeks in a year, yet only 12 months, so with bad weather and holidays probably over the course of the year disrupting me a little I generally get all 4weekly cycles done 12 times.
    It's worked with me for 10 years in the business, worked very well indeed, so I see no need to change, and out of the 4 new customers I canvassed yesterday, 3 want doing every 4 weeks, they other wants doing when she calls as she is away on business a lot.
    I used to have about 50 jobs that were done every 2 weeks when I started, but sold that work, kinda regret it now as the friend i sold it to still does a lot every 2 weeks... DOH!

10. Paul

Paul Guest

Sounds like personal preference I'm sure I'll find something that will work for me.

Advertisement