Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Guy On The Block

CNS-southwest

Hi guys,

My names Dave.

I live in the middlesex area near heathrow.

I currently work in car claims in an office and frankly I'm not climbing any ladders (excuse the pun) despite me ( not being big headed ) being very good at my job, frankly I'm fed up and need to get out and about as I can't take this chicken pen anymore.

Now I have a little boy and a 2nd baby on the way. So I was going to begin by doing Saturdays (good way of getting more business) and merge to two days a week window cleaning, eventually leaving my old job completely. Now once the business is established I was going to consider doing all of the following: window cleanin, vehicle cleaning, carpet cleaning, driveway cleaning.

The only think I don't know how much to budget for, is liability insurance.

But I'm think (bar liability) that I'll just need £300 to get going (£150 ladder, £40 roof rack, £50 on business cards, leaflets an advertising, and the rest on bucket, tbar, squeegee, scraper, micro fibre etc )

Anyway hopefully you guys will be here to help and eventually in the future I can help others /emoticons/smile.png

Thank for reading folks,

Dave

Do I need to open a business bank account ???
not really, as long as you declare what you eran and show it it will be ok. but depends how big you get, its always worth it to start off with that way you can keep it all sepetrate.

Welcome to the forum Dave i moved from shepperton approx 13 years ago where i lived for 25 years you must be very near where i used to be

Hi, yes very close, I lived there not so long ago /emoticons/smile.png

Do all business bank accounts have a charge??

Thanks

Dave

Hi, yes very close, I lived there not so long ago /emoticons/smile.png

Do all business bank accounts have a charge??

Thanks

Dave
yer they have a small charge, but mine was free for the first year with lloyds. they charge a monthly fee, then charge for waht you pay in and pay out!

robbing bar*&%ds really!

Really, ah man why can't it just be like a normal account. See I was thinking of doing it with a bank account for insurance an what not. I was Gona do my wages a 70% of what was in the account on the first of each month ( bill coming out on the 28th ish) that way I could build some money up in there to buy new equipment and stuff as eventually I want to branch out to carpet cleaning, driveway cleaning etc aswell as the usual window cleaning rounds.

i bank with hsbc the stupid thing is they charge for you to pay cash into a business account. so what i was told to do was pay cash into personal then cross it over to business account that way then no charge

funny thing is it was my bank manager who told me to do it because i was moaning about it lol

i bank with hsbc the stupid thing is they charge for you to pay cash into a business account. so what i was told to do was pay cash into personal then cross it over to business account that way then no charge
I love this!

As a sole trader it is find to run your business on a personal account.

I love this!

As a sole trader it is find to run your business on a personal account.
The down side if you use the personal account you have to account for every transaction made from that account! So no more shopping at ann summers!! Lol

The down side if you use the personal account you have to account for every transaction made from that account! So no more shopping at ann summers!! Lol
You dont need to use it as a personal account too, just use it for business use only

The only issue I have now is how I go about registering my business. My house is council and the t&c's are that I cannot register a business from here.

My dads house in rented and he has the same issue.

My dad owns his own company and his business is registered at his accountants. But I don't really have the money to pay an accountant.

So any ideas??

Thanks

Dave

Back