3 Storey Challenge

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by The Gutter Goblin, Nov 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Got this gutter clearing job to do! Its not clear but there are plants growing out of them including the downpipe.

IMG_02611.jpg

Its about 7.5m up to gutter level. House is about 9m wide.

My current thinking is using my 7.5m 3 section ladder with stay, ankalad stabilisers, all on ladder mats, set up at left hand side of downpipe, safety harness for me and lanyard fixed to ladder.

Progutter in both directions from central point and fill bucket. Take my time.

Or vacuum from ground and hope I get all the muck out

Any constructive input is welcome, please.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Could you use a cherry picker instead?

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Vacuum & then up the ladder?

4. Yes it is an option, although a Cherry picker is about £100 for 1 days hire (min) round here.

That won't leave much left for me!

Doesn't really seem worth it for 9m long, although what price do you put on safety.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I take it you already given the customer a price then?

Put it this way you are going to struggle like hell to do that from ladders and/or by guttervac.

6. The 3 storey bit is just part of a holiday cottage complex that I am doing - there are a couple of 2 storey converted barns behind that need doing and I have priced it based on 2 days work rather than just the 3 storey bit although I don't think it'll take 2 days.

If it was at a normal 2 storey I wouldn't think twice about working from a ladder - so if you are up there at 5m or 7.5m whats the difference?

The SKY installers are regularly up at ridge level on a gable end and I know they now drill an eyelet into your wall to secure their ladders to but I would argue I will be safer with stabilisers etc. They dont wear a harness either.

Not doing it until December so I've plenty of time to think/plan it.

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

if u have the stablers on ladder and a microlite stand off u will b fine just dont look down lol maby wrth getin a full harness kit 4 xtra corshen as u dont wana fall frm that hight, i take it its only to gutters as it has a apex on both ends

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Think you may need to wear man pants too :Image13:

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

haha yes an make shore u dont have a cerry the nte b 4 :Image9: :Image13: :Image13: :Image13:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed :Image13:

Advertisement