3 strikes and your out

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dasslr1, Feb 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

cleaned a big house about 6-8 months ago, I thought I did a really good job because there were no complaints. She wanted it every 2 months so did it the first time no problem ,two months later she says" not this time please could I do them next time" " no problem "I said. Two months later ,"not this time could you do it next time" (through gritted teeth)" no problem "I said, thought maybe cos it was two close to Christmas. Two months later I text her and say she's due she says no thanks .
    so her address has been crossed off my list.
    is this to harsh?
    but I am thinking if she wants me she knows my number and if she does ring ,well more money will definitely be added on to the price.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You need to ask out right next time if she wants to have her windows cleaned every 2 months or not as some don't bother in winter if so arrange a month to start again or just say no thanks and move on.

3. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

well when I started she said to come every 2 months because its winter then she ll change it to more frequent in the summer.and I text her so she can open the gate but every time I text she say no ty .I wont mind if she says do it every 3 month at least its money in my pocket.but I don't want to waste my time to, if you know what I mean.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Something is not quite right there so best you move on. I'm sure if she wants you again she will contact you.

5. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

that's what im thinking ,I v never had this before so not sure whats going on .not sure if she just avin me on .but on the other hand in a different street I have an old lady who sings my praises and because of her I got another house on her street.lol swing an roundabouts I guess .lol

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Mate just wanted a one off & has stitched you up. I've had a few of them.

7. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

that did cross my mind bud .lol ay well

8. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Yeh I had customer like that. Just move on. If she wants it done again after that amount of time just up the price.

In the future if the windows look really dirty, just charge for a 1st clean. (i.e add 1/2 to full price) then expalin that they will be cheaper next time.

9. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

This has happened to me a few times. Put her down as a "One off" clean and if she ask's you again tell her it will cost more as the windows have not been cleaned for months and you have to be fare on your regular customers. If she wants you that badly she'll come knocking. I know it's hard to feel like your giving up on the money alittle. but, if she is messing you about all in all you won't earn from it overall. Forget about this one and get her neighbour instead lol. I find that sometimes the people with the big houses are tighter than people in smaller houses... Funny old world hey!!!

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had a 2 monthly for years. I used to phone night before. 1 month Mr answers, 'they are still from last time.' Next month I ring and Mrs answers, 'I don't think they need doing.' I said shall I take you off the round then as your husband said the same last month. She said yes OK :D. Nowt queer as folk.

Move on dassir or ring her instead of texting and if she cancels next time ask her outright.

Advertisement