36 inch Sorbo squeegee in action using lubricator strip

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by H MAN, Apr 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Watch this strip aluminate drag on glass.
    Make it easier to use longer squeegee channels.

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Trouble is Herman that most of us can't justify the expense of a Sorbo (SPC in the UK) of £42.00 + delivery to try it out.

Looking at your video its size makes it look very difficult to use. Is cumbersome the right word? You are very at home with a squeegee but you appear to struggle with this length.

Sorry, this isn't a criticism.

3. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Iv got a 36 inch squeegee and they aren't easy to use.

4. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Yep agree they are cumbersome they are even more difficult to use where the glass start to dry.
    To think they have up to 6 feet plus channels as well.
    With the strip on it give you better glide even though we only scrubbed one half of the glass.
    It is meant for longer squeegee channel however, you use them on smaller channels especially in warmer months.

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i brought a unger ninja 36 inch wat a load of dung to heavy and very clumbersum as u say spruce u cant fan with them i think the perfect size big squeegee is a 22inch as u can fan its still lite in use

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I had thought about one of these longer squeegees with the leisure center clean we do.

I purchased the Unger 0 degree swivel squeegee with the longest channel I could buy of 55cm. I found it too long and ordered a 45cm.

I wondered if an Unger swivel angled squeegee would be better than the zero degree one.

In theory the longer the blade the better it should sit on the glass at height providing the channel has no flex. I'm not fanning, I'm either pulling across or vertically down the glass length.

-

7. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Yes you can fan long squeegee and 22 inch sounds about right the use on big glass.
    Did this about 2 years ago using two handed method.
    But check the scrubber is 36 inch long.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Herman, sorry, not impressed. Not you, but that squeegee is too big to handle efficiently even by the experts.

9. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

No worries me personally can use them in certain places.
    Not very often.
    But with the lube strip on it is much easier to use less drag.
    And would be handy to have on the say 18 to 24 inch range especially in the warmer months.
    Anyway for the people that do have Sorbo squeegees give them something they might want to try.
    Oh the Unger Ninja could you show me picture of end profile of the channel without the plug on the end??

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I haven't a Unger Ninja Herman. Mines the plain old Unger that was available before the Ninja was released. It the plain old Unger S channel (without the plus.)

I must admit though, that Sorbo, although being a brute, looks a sturdy piece of kit.

Advertisement