3mm pencil jets and supreme medium hybrid brush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Oct 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

HI guys going to put 3mm jets on my new medium brush from gardiner as seen a post saying works well with 3mm ?

question is will I use a lot more water using bigger jets or will it just be the same as 2mm ?

all the best guys, cheers

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The amount of water used will still be the same as that is controlled by the pump

3. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

thought so cheers pal

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You will love 3mm jets Paul, they make rinsing much easier and faster,

More flow the better anyway!!

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I've turned my flow back down and have no problems..not spending so long rinsing now I've been stick waggling a few months

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Slow flow makes for slow work Dave, can't be refuted im afraid, I spent months with low flow, and when I upped the flow, it sped me up no end,

Many can testify to higher flow being faster for work, it's obvious really?!

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The scrubbing takes the same amount of time and the rinsing for me is just as quick
    If it sheets it rinses easy whether fast or slow and if phobic you have to rinse the same way whatever the flow
    I could see the benefit with 3mm jets but with my 2mm i was just firing the water out so realised i wasn't benefiting as much as i thought

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Agree with daveyboy1 I have played around with high flow, low flow etc, I now have my back pack on the lowest setting and find I work exactly the same with a low flow and use lots less water, must admit I did at first think it was better with high flow, used it for two weeks but was using so much water it was crazy, turned it back down and still work the same but for much less water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Perhaps it's cos you guys are using backpacks/trolleys,

Of course you'll use more water, but you can rinse so much faster, which saves loads of time, for me high flow is noticeably faster, slow flow just made it takes ages to get all the little bits to fall down the glass,

But water isn't an issue for me, I've got a 750l tank, you guys are carrying little 25l barrels about, so you probably can't afford to have high flow,

And yeah high flow with 2mm jets is horrible Dave, but 3mm jets stop any splattering, it's just amazing, like pouring water out of a jug, Jonathan Sanderson was the one who told me to try it, I was sceptical, but my word has it sped me up...

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

So you can use high flow and still make 750L last you all week?

Advertisement