4 - 5 storeys

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Siimon, Mar 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Siimon

Siimon Member

What kind of prices are people achieving working at these heights, seeing as the poles are costing over a thousand pounds. I'm just about to invest at this height. If you have this experience it would be much appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Before you buy a 60ft pole I would suggest if you can try cleaning a 5 storey building first with another window cleaner then you may change yer mind.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Alex Gardiner I'm sure still does 5 storey wfp work (one day a week) so maybe he can give us all some guidnnce on what we should be charging.

4. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Wouldn't touch em mate, not at my time of life, 3 storey high enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive got a gardener 47ft an 5 story is easy i use a stiff mono brush an rinse on the glass im thinking of geting a 60ft next im a yung gun tho 30 years old some older people may strugle not bing funny or anything but u no what im saying:)

6. Siimon

Siimon Member

Thanks Smurf. Don't really want to go over 4 storey but if a management company want it, it's hard to say no! someone will just take the rest of the work. Do u charge more Tench. I use gardiners and was thinking of the high mod 47. Perhaps I can earn more just sticking to semi's :)))

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep I would struggle to be honest and also don't like the idea of having to stand in a road either to reach them :D

8. Siimon

Siimon Member

Just been reading tenchys feed I'd be happy with fiver a window (min £15) on my work. I could not read the feeds! software must of changed my iphone, I can only read when phone is on landscape now otherwise half the text disappears.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've heard nationals do large commercial stuff for 50p - £1 per window

10. Siimon

Siimon Member

On those prices smurf I'd just as well sell the big issue. :)) I will price the work fairy high then invest in poles , then get my young lads to do it :)

Advertisement