Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO smurf or anyone with cheap eBay 3 motor gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

N

neil fearnley

Need some help folks from anyone with one of the cheap triple motor eBay vacs

Finally bought a larger VAC for gutter cleaning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171185-Triple-3-Motor-Industrial-Vacuum-Cleaner-Wet-Dry-Car-Washing-100-Litres-/281324346345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41803cdbe9

Only mention smurf coz I know you have the same one

Mine came without instructions

the vacs I've been using have a foam sleeve whereas this one has a strange cloth bag(looks like it will last about 2 cleans)I never got anything else

How do I clean it?

Also the tank just sits on the base,not fastened and the VAC is very top heavy that doesn't seem right I've already dropped it and it hasn't been out the house yet

Lastly the size wtf! Its huge

I only got it too look more professional but it looks like its going to be a giant ball ache if I'm honest

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Size: Its 100L so its going to be tall, thus top heavy… till you sick up some gutter rubbish into it. Many vacs are 70L thus shorter.

No clamps: I wouldn't worry. When the vac is on, the section holds it down. I don't need to use clamps when mine is going, and have often done so. Though, I would prefer them for moving and transportation. I would just pop rivet a couple on.

Bag: I don't use one except for the odd day when the gutter debris is bone dry (rare [emoji6] ). I removed mine and put in a folded plastic sheet to stop liquid hitting the motors.

That vac you fit the brackets on the back of the drum to the fittings on the frame so it tilts to empty it.

The filter in the drum lasts longer than you think and all you do is hose the **** of it to clean it.

Need some help folks from anyone with one of the cheap triple motor eBay vacsFinally bought a larger VAC for gutter cleaning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171185-Triple-3-Motor-Industrial-Vacuum-Cleaner-Wet-Dry-Car-Washing-100-Litres-/281324346345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41803cdbe9

Only mention smurf coz I know you have the same one

Mine came without instructions

the vacs I've been using have a foam sleeve whereas this one has a strange cloth bag(looks like it will last about 2 cleans)I never got anything else

How do I clean it?

Also the tank just sits on the base,not fastened and the VAC is very top heavy that doesn't seem right I've already dropped it and it hasn't been out the house yet

Lastly the size wtf! Its huge

I only got it too look more professional but it looks like its going to be a giant ball ache if I'm honest

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was just after a new head and base as prefer to use an old omni 4200 watt drum with a 100mm inlet so I could use my old omni 51mm reducer cuff and 51m hoses with it. The old drum I use I cant use the same tilt fittings so I have just use a bungy cord to hold it onto the base.

Still after saying that the smaller inlet and hose will just work just as well but you may have to unblock it from time to time which is no big deal.

I just removed the 50mm inlet from an old VAC and made it fit this one,that way I can use my junior on certain jobs and use the same hose and fittings on both

I

The old drum I use I cant use the same tilt fittings so I have just use a bungy cord to hold it onto the base.
Yeah was thinking the same but with straps instead of bungy

Will see how the filter goes but ultimately will probably look to fashion some kinda foam sleeve to fit

Cheers for the advice fellas

Well I used the VAC this morning on a job,impressed with its power but what a ***** about moving it around

Last section I did was raised up on decking and by the time I was done I couldn't get the bloody thing back down

Normally I just bung my 40ltr VAC over my shoulder but half full this thing weighed a tonne

I reckon the job took twice as long just emptying stuff out and moving it etc

Probably should have just used my small one on this job coz it was on levels and very muddy but was keen to try it out

Might be up in the for sale section soon

Not sure how anyone can prefer this over a junior

You are use to using a really light weight underpowerd vac so you will defo find it more difficult to use.

That's when a longer 15m hose comes in handy so you don't have to keep moving it about so much.

If I want to get it through say narrow gaps, up and over obstacles etc I simply split it down. Meaning I take the head off it, drum of the base base are move it all separately if need be. I also use loading ramps to get it in/out of the van which is alot easy than trying to hump it in/out.

That is not heavy compaired to say a big brute /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]

When I'm on a job I always look where the best place is to dump the waste and get rid of it (with owners permission) before it's loaded onto the van be it under hedges, boarders, behind treas, compost heap or bagged up for the customer to get rid. Or even to be known to empty on communal land discreetly in a hedgerow as is only organic waste. If there is water in it I with empty that first either down customers drain or road storm drain whichever is closer.

I tend to do both ladder work and use a guttervac whichever is more suited to the job and sometimes use a hybrid method combining both methods at the same time.

Would I use a small wet vac not really to be honest but on some jobs I can see your point as might just be more suited that struggling with a large wet vac.

15m hose hmm never thought about that as I use a 5m one

Makes sense though

Going to try and fashion some kind of scoop so I can empty it into a rubble sack as I go

All part if the learning curve I guess

Never really like asking if I can dump the stuff with the custie tbh

Most of the time they look at me like its toxic waste :rolleyes:

Back