4040 ro production rate

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by peter rogers, May 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Does anyone know how many litres per hour 4040 is meant to make giving the right pressure is used and I use twin filters

Currently I produce 120 per hour which is 2 per minute

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Exactly what mine produces - 50psi tap pressure, no booster, HF5 membrane, 2 x 20" prefilters and 1 to 1 waste to pure ratio.

Which reminds me, time to change the prefilters.

-

3. peter rogers

Good to know as haven't measured mine in a while. 3 years still going strong

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

What's the tds after 3 years and how much do you use a month.

5. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

Mine kicks out about 600 litres an hour with 20 inch filters and booster .

6. peter rogers

Roughly 800 a day x5 a week. Ppm going in is 120-160

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

A booster pump would increase my output, but I don't have a shortage of water so having a higher output isn't an issue. When there were 3 of us drawing water I filled my van in the evening, my son in the morning and son in law between mid morning and lunch time. At a push they could both have filled their tanks in the morning as they probably would have taken a maximum of 900 liters.

I think that having an automatic cutoff when the IBC tank is full is a great help as it just sorts its self out without any intervention. Every morning and evening the tank is full so there was/is no reason to invest in a booster pump. Tap water TDS in 125 and the r/o rejection rate is 2. I'm happy with that.

Its only when I compare how much faster my 4040 is compared to my 450GPD r/o that I realise how having a small r/o was very stressful, especially in the winter with reduced production rates. I was 'rationing' water toward the end of every week so we all had enough for Friday working. I also realised what an impact not having enough water was on business growth. That 450GPD ran 24 hours a day in the winter and only got a short break on the weekend.

-

8. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

I know the feeling, I was having to stay up till silly hours till tank was full. Best thing I ever did was upgrading.

Advertisement