40ft or 60ft ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Apr 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

On my business card i put down heights upto 60ft.... but im only going to start out wih a slx25 .... then invest in a 60ft pole.... what would you all do ?

and i dont want to remove heights upto 60ft on my business card it looks better and professional

so what do you all think shouldi invest in 2 poles at once ?

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

the problem you got is, when some one says can you do my windows they are 50 ft up and you have to buy the pole and then realsie that the poles cost a fortune and unless you got a lot of work at that height then they aint worth it, lots of window cleaners have laods of poles they dont use, but might one day, jst taking up room in a van

3. simon

simon Guru

if your only starting with a 25 you might find there are a lot of domestics you cant do either, i have a clx 27 & there's a fair bit it only just gets & i'm 6"1

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Depends on whether you live in an area with a lot of high rise potential. Get out there, find out what people want and let them be the guide. I've got a 21' reach Ionics and a 30' reach Unger. The 30' gets used perhaps 2/3 times per week max, but then that suits the customers I've got. I'm doing ok with this set up.

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Don't waste all that money waiting for a 60ft job. You'd need lots of high work to justify it. Try to find someone local you can befriend & come to some arrangement where if you get a high job, rent their big pole for a day or something.

6. simon

simon Guru

very good idea windyman

7. adrian5139

adrian5139 Member

seem to remember couple of years ago somebody started up hiring equipment out like poles etc might be worth googling for hire of window cleaning equipment you never know whats out there lol

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

60 ft pole is alot of money and you would need a lot of work to get it back. I take it you are trying for commercial work?

9. harunh

harunh Legend

I am going for domestic and commercial... but mainly domestic first then when i grow the business then the commercial work can start rolling in....

shall i just leave the slx25 and get a supermax 40ft pole ? and a clx for small height windows ?

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I haven't started the pole yet either. I was thinking of starting with a clx 22? Or 27? Then see how that goes and save up for a slx 35? There is that many poles to choose from
    And being new to it can pickle your head lol

Advertisement