Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds after filters and membrane but before di-resin

UncleAlbert

So, BIG Question what TDS range am I looking for before my filtered water goes through my 10" Di chamber??

So, Big Question 2 - would I destroy my resin if i ran my RO unit without the membrane for any length of time??

Answer to big question No 1.......as low as possible, whats your tap tds

Answer to big question No 2 ...... No, the filter is the RO, so no filter no damage. The water would've just been running through the housing only

Normally between 2-10 ppm

Yes you will as the 10 inch di canister holds very little resin so you will kill it very quickly running tap water through it without using the ro membrane fitted

Why on earth would you want to take out a ro membrane from it's housing beats me:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally between 2-10 ppmYes you will as the 10 inch di canister holds very little resin so you will kill it very quickly running tap water through it without using the ro membrane fitted
Assumed the RO filter had been factory fitted, on examination membrane not fitted or even supplied, so ran the RO system through the DI without a membrane fitted for the first 50 litres of not so pure water!

membrane obtained but system will now only produce a minimum of 17 TDS

So how long did you flush the ro for after the membrane was fitted without the di canister connected?

You lost me there as the purpose of the first flush of a new ro clears any manufacturing chems left in the new RO membrane & new filters. I have no idea how long you should flush a new 75 gpm RO but I know if your getting 17 ppm from it now you did not flush it for long enough as should be alot lower than 17 ppm surely?

Followed the system instructions, only mistake was that no membrane fitted or supplied, so water ran through filters - no ro membrane then straight through Di vessel :eek:

Answer to big question No 1.......as low as possible, whats your tap tdsAnswer to big question No 2 ...... No, the filter is the RO, so no filter no damage. The water would've just been running through the housing only
tap water TDS is about 340

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines 270 & my tds before my di's is 12 so I imagine the higher the tap tds the higher your pure will be at the other end? I'd be happy having a tds of 370 brought down to 17. That's not a lot of work for your di to do.

Mines 270 & my tds before my di's is 12 so I imagine the higher the tap tds the higher your pure will be at the other end? I'd be happy having a tds of 370 brought down to 17. That's not a lot of work for your di to do.
Have used the 17 TDS water to clean windows and it dries without leaving blemishes, so must be ok!

Just replaced the resin in my DI unit, water in 280 TDS water out 001 TDS

Cracked it ! /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for all of your input Gentlemen

Running the RO unit without realising that a membrane was installed must have trashed my resin in the DI:love:

Back