Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Reverse Osmosis?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Filled with a quality mixed bed resin (similar to MB400/Dowex)?

Personally unless it was Tulsion mb115 I would say no don't pay £145 each for those as the resin will be a poorer quality and probably will not last so long.

Ive already answered were you can get Tulsion mb115 resin from in my previous post

What do you think of this one?
http://item.mobilewe...nid=55293113865

It has the resin already in them. Where do you get your resin from and what kind?

Thanks

Thanks for all your replies guys been really helpful.

My tds reading changes from around 250ppm-300ppm so very high. Would your method still work mark?

Did you get say in the video that they're 27litre di's? Where do you buy them from? And where do you get your resin from? And how long does it last? (Sorry if you said some of it in your video)

Thanks again
With you ppm you will only get around 2200 litres from 25l bag. Double DI you will get slightly more.

As Spruce's first advise Merlins are not that efficient. Go for a 4021 or 4040 if you can afford one.

4021 will give you around 150 litres in an hour provided you pressure is okay.

Don't think Doug sells the larger di tanks so instead if interested found these 27ltr 35" x 8" di tanks on ebay if helps?

I would not recommend smaller ones as would need to change the resin more often so would be a pain in the ****.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item588f26b337
Largest we do is 23.6 Litres but not listed on our website. Ours are a bit more expensive than others as we only use good quality internal filtration parts. Have come across so many problems with cheaper vessels which end up costing you in resin as they do not work correctly.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know what to do now...

I think I might go for the twin di and if it goes well upgrade to something bigger. Thanks for all your help guys...

Rain harvesting is also another option. The ppm is about 25-35, so i run it through a di and get a zero reading, easy!!! I do have a ro system as back up tho

Toby lives in a flat so maybe not an option or I would have mentioned it too /emoticons/wink.png

Toby,

you still haven't told us how much water you are using a day or a week or what you future plans are with regard to WFP.

If you plan to grow your business, then you need to invest in it. You can't be half pregnant with regard to WFP window cleaning. It's all or not at all as r/o's also need to work.

If you are living in a flat, and purifying on demand, then you have to accept that resin is going to be expensive. But if you have no outside tap or storage area for a storage tank then this is your only option. If resin costs your £5.00 per day to purify 100 - 150 litres, then that's cheaper than buying water from a supplier.

However, if you see yourself using 400 litres of pure a day like we do, then you are going to have to find a lockup with water and electricity to process your daily needs with an r/o unit, or buy your daily requirements.

Is it really worth the investment? I know that safety and speed are achieved but your paying out loads, not just to start up but to continue. I earn around £200-£300 per day doing it by hand with a bucket of water from the customer and 20p of soap.

I do need wfp for a few windows here and there and a few leaded windows but I can't see how investing £1000s is gonna pay for itself...

I've brought a couple of di tanks and I've made a pump box and its still cost me about £550+, I could get an awesome set of ladders for that and a lot less hassle.

Sorry for the rant I've just spent loads of money...

I earn around £200-£300 per day doing it by hand with a bucket of water from the customer and 20p of soap.

Wish I was earning £200-£300 per day............doing anything /emoticons/sad.png .

Minimum outlay with maximum return and no hassle.....stick with it...why change /emoticons/smile.png .

Is it really worth the investment? I know that safety and speed are achieved but your paying out loads, not just to start up but to continue. I earn around £200-£300 per day doing it by hand with a bucket of water from the customer and 20p of soap.

I do need wfp for a few windows here and there and a few leaded windows but I can't see how investing £1000s is gonna pay for itself...

I've brought a couple of di tanks and I've made a pump box and its still cost me about £550+, I could get an awesome set of ladders for that and a lot less hassle.

Sorry for the rant I've just spent loads of money...
But you are making loads of money at those daily rates, so spending that on your safety is a good investment.

I'm sorry, but I appreciate your whole living style isn't conducive to wfp so setup costs will be very high when compared to what you do now. I understand that, but having had a fall myself from ladders, I learnt from experience that you can literally be here one moment and gone the next.

You can start a window cleaning business with minimal start up costs and equipment trad. WFP is a whole new ball-game with regard to costs, but my feet are on the ground which is important to me.

But you are making loads of money at those daily rates, so spending that on your safety is a good investment.

I'm sorry, but I appreciate your whole living style isn't conducive to wfp so setup costs will be very high when compared to what you do now. I understand that, but having had a fall myself from ladders, I learnt from experience that you can literally be here one moment and gone the next.

You can start a window cleaning business with minimal start up costs and equipment trad. WFP is a whole new ball-game with regard to costs, but my feet are on the ground which is important to me.
I know what you mean, my wife hates me being up ladders but that's why I can charge more, because people hate going up ladders. I'll see how I get on with a cheaper set up and if I like it I'll invest more.

Back