Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many Rejections Can You Take

WCF

Help Support WCF:

david247

hi all iv been canvassing around today.

so basically every door i knocked i wrote down the house number and roads by the end i just had enouth my quote was between 6 and 15 pounds even a conservatory clean at 20 quid and it was green and as hell.

in the end i counted that i only had two mabys and 147 refuels iv had enouth i handed out 500 flyers.

where am i going wrong ????

did they all look like they've already got a window cleaner round that area I tried an area round me once nice big houses all around £15 only got 1 found out there was an old boy who had been cleaning them for years and only charges £6 just cant compete

its hard to tell without knowing your pitch when they answer the door, but i keep it simple,

i just say 'hi, im a local window cleaner, iv picked up a few customers on this row/road/cul de sac/whatever and just wondered if you would like a price too while im here...?

at this point, if theres any interest at all i say, 'ok, il just have a quick look and then il let you know how much'...i have a look, i let them know how much, before they answer i will say something like, 'it will be £7.50, i clean the glass as well as the frames, il do them once a month and this area is normally covered on the 2nd week of the month, does that sound ok?....this way your leading them into it by showing them the service they will get for their money, highlighting the benefits of clean frames, regular service, etc.

it sounds complicated but its not, i find it flows easily, and i can remain friendly and professional with it and i get fairly decent results when i canvass, and smile, always smile! (obviously be clean, presentable shaved, etc)

its hard to tell without knowing your pitch when they answer the door, but i keep it simple,i just say 'hi, im a local window cleaner, iv picked up a few customers on this row/road/cul de sac/whatever and just wondered if you would like a price too while im here...?

at this point, if theres any interest at all i say, 'ok, il just have a quick look and then il let you know how much'...i have a look, i let them know how much, before they answer i will say something like, 'it will be £7.50, i clean the glass as well as the frames, il do them once a month and this area is normally covered on the 2nd week of the month, does that sound ok?....this way your leading them into it by showing them the service they will get for their money, highlighting the benefits of clean frames, regular service, etc.

it sounds complicated but its not, i find it flows easily, and i can remain friendly and professional with it and i get fairly decent results when i canvass, and smile, always smile! (obviously be clean, presentable shaved, etc)
my line is alomost the same and i still get an answer no he been doing for years

i know what you mean its just finding and area its all about look in my eyes its finding were a windy has jacked in or weather someone has not spotted them little streets.not as easy as you may think ive been finding it hard over the last 6-7 months.

theres alot of people out there whop can live with dirty windows.

"theres alot of people out there whop can live with dirty windows"....Like me /emoticons/biggrin.png

Seriously door knocking can be sole destroying but one of the best ways to gain work so keep it up.

For me I don’t do door knocking as gain enough work through my website, customer recommendation & being out & about. Mind you I don’t just clean windows.

Good luck /emoticons/wink.png

Try putting some adds in the local shops near you. That might drum up a bit of work too!
yer I put a leaflet in the windows of the local shop and a few of the ones I clean gets me the odd job now and then

yer I put a leaflet in the windows of the local shop and a few of the ones I clean gets me the odd job now and then

Try putting some adds in the local shops near you. That might drum up a bit of work too!
lol there are four window cleaners where i am and there two signs in the local shop two me

Like A.K WINDOWS said you have to go to the back of an estate, where no body goes (Reason for them being a tad far or a bit out of there roun) what ever these types of streets are the best, cant always get loads of customers, but are very compact. where I live just the same as A.K WINDOWS, too many window cleaners round here and for a normal size house £5 is the highest you can get(once got though I will put the price up)

So Dave are you saying that you knock on a door and they say " we've got a windy thanks " so you move on to next door and door after that,on the same street etc ?

try the evenings when the ones that are working are home as they are earning gives you a better chance , also its very soon after xmas and a bad time as most are skint.id be more inclined to start when spring comes

I was due my first days canvas today and have put off for the exact reason mr shine said, ots a little too soon after xmas people dont want to spend.

I have been a self employed door to door salesman and it can be stressfull but the best advise is honestly forget the nos, i know that might seem hard but when u do get a yes u realise u will get a few after that and that is because u r buzzin and happy, if u go to the door stresst this will come acros in ur voice (wothout u realising) and trust me u r more likly to get a no, u must be bubbly at each door, i used to play the no game when i was door to door and this is pick a person that just says no before u get a chance to say hi, an see how many time u can get them to say no, my record was like forty plus lol, little games like this really keep u going.

If all else fails hire a canvaser most of them only take first clean or two.

Whenever I have been canvassing, I try to treat each door as if it is the first. This means that I endeavour to project the same demeanor on the 100th door as I do the first.

It is important to be presentable, positive, professional and polite. Smile and try to feel relaxed, as this will communicate itself to the householder, as will any negative vibes.

It is a numbers game. The more doors you knock, the closer you will get to picking up your next customer.

If you find that you are repeatedly getting the 'We already have a window cleaner' in the same street, find another street and keep trying.

Best wishes,

John

Your best bet is your local area to start with .

The council houses are easy and good money for the jobs .

Dont go miles out to canvass to start with stay closer to home to make the bread and butter jobs .

Latest Posts

Back