Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder roofbar-roller

Jimroot

Is a ladder roll bar to get the ladder on and off the bars an essential or a luxury that doubles the cost of the bars?

It's not essential but makes life a bit easier and may help protect the back of your van from getting marked

my van aint exactly showroom fresh but will try my ladders on and off first I guess. I invested in better quality alu bars so I might go all out and get the roller.

just read your post about your hard hat smurf, have you seen the screwfix range of bump caps, looks a good idea as I always smack my head off stuff but wouldn't want to wear a shell type

got a low car size van so might get away with keeping my 60 notes then or wait for an ebay find /emoticons/wink.png

I prefer wearing a hard hat than a bump cap as keeps buckets of water off me head /emoticons/biggrin.png

we have a roller bar at the back, its brilliant for quick on/off and stops the back doors taking a battering if you were to lie the ladder against the door for even a second

quick note though - they make the van very noisy in my opinion (2012 peugeot partner)

I find it safer to use than jumping on the side loading door or overhead pushing ladders onto bars. (mines is more of a cage, 3 bars and side impact bars plus roller)

£135+VAT from a steel fabrication company

Is a ladder roll bar to get the ladder on and off the bars an essential or a luxury that doubles the cost of the bars?
I Have a roller bar and I do not know how would I do it without.My gutter laddet setup is very heavy so it would be a nightmare to take it off,I also have roof rack stops.On top of this is much safer beacuse I do not want to **** about with triple 10m setup around custys cars.

Roller bar makes life MUCH easier! Had one on my Doblo & now have one on my Dispatch. Keeps van doors from getting battered, much easier to put ladders on & off and also allows you to load/remove ladders with very little space at the rear of the van i.e. if you're backed up to something or a car pulls up behind you etc.

Roller bar makes life MUCH easier! Had one on my Doblo & now have one on my Dispatch. Keeps van doors from getting battered, much easier to put ladders on & off and also allows you to load/remove ladders with very little space at the rear of the van i.e. if you're backed up to something or a car pulls up behind you etc.
Don't you load them on from the side Winpy? Are you a midget by any chance? /emoticons/tongue.png

Don't you load them on from the side Winpy? Are you a midget by any chance? /emoticons/tongue.png
No mate, I'm more clever than that./emoticons/wink.png Slide on with ease from rear, side load stops stabilize & secure ladder. My load stops also have tie hooks on so I just whip a bungee round them & I'm away. No clumsy, time consuming ladder clamps, no wrestling ladders on from the side or fannying about stood in the side door, Just slide on, tie up & away!!:thumbsup:

Back